Olympus 14-150mm $349 New - Authorized Seller (Roberts Camera)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Apr 20, 2016.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I didn't compare them head-to-head. Owned the I a few years back and the II last year. I thought the II yielded noticeably better results. You can grab it near or below that price when Oly has outlet sales.

3. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    Just a note that I've done a couple orders from Roberts in the past and they're a stand up company.

4. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Its quite possible that the coating and whatever minor tweaks they made between I and II improved the quality of the lens. Why bother making a Mk II if you aren't going to improve it? The reviews I read indicated that optically they were the same.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Don't know what improved it or why they would make it without improvements. Only point I was making is that the MKII I used was noticeably better than the original and available for a similar price.

6. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I've also made some great steals -er deals :) through Roberts / UsedPhotoPro. Prices have been very good, shipping & the occasional return were hassle-free. They often allow 'Make offer' on the auction page, that's pretty rare nowadays.

7. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I am agreeing with you. My point was that if they come out with a Mark II, then it must be an improvement compared to the Mark I. The reviews I read said they were optically the same (e.g., number of glass elements, configuration, etc.). I might have to keep an eye out for the Mark II if it is that improved. Its a great lens for when I just want to take one lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    I just bought one of these lenses from Roberts camera. Great place to buy camera gear from. As good as B&H for me. The other place I like is KEH all good places to buy your camera gear at. I can not beat that price for new lens.

9. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Isn't the improvement that it is now weather sealed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Here's a review of the 14-150 II from The Phoblographer site. Check the comments, of course, but also the "seasoning" they've put this lens through. Pretty impressive...

Here's the link. Enjoy!

Review: Olympus 14-150mm f4-5.6 II Weather Sealed

I'd add that I have bought the lens, am using it, and, for the price, satisfied with most of the results I've gotten.

Robert

11. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    I'll keep mine dry and save $250.

12. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hi jgreg,

I see your point, except for the fact that several weeks ago this lens was available new from an authorized re-seller for $399, which made it a pretty irresistible buy at that time compared to the current asking price.

Robert

13. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    Ya I think that Roberts camera has more than they want on hand so they are bringing the price down.