Olympus 14-150mm $349 New - Authorized Seller (Roberts Camera)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Apr 20, 2016.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I didn't compare them head-to-head. Owned the I a few years back and the II last year. I thought the II yielded noticeably better results. You can grab it near or below that price when Oly has outlet sales.

3. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Just a note that I've done a couple orders from Roberts in the past and they're a stand up company.

4. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Its quite possible that the coating and whatever minor tweaks they made between I and II improved the quality of the lens. Why bother making a Mk II if you aren't going to improve it? The reviews I read indicated that optically they were the same.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Don't know what improved it or why they would make it without improvements. Only point I was making is that the MKII I used was noticeably better than the original and available for a similar price.

6. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I've also made some great steals -er deals :) through Roberts / UsedPhotoPro. Prices have been very good, shipping & the occasional return were hassle-free. They often allow 'Make offer' on the auction page, that's pretty rare nowadays.

7. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I am agreeing with you. My point was that if they come out with a Mark II, then it must be an improvement compared to the Mark I. The reviews I read said they were optically the same (e.g., number of glass elements, configuration, etc.). I might have to keep an eye out for the Mark II if it is that improved. Its a great lens for when I just want to take one lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    I just bought one of these lenses from Roberts camera. Great place to buy camera gear from. As good as B&H for me. The other place I like is KEH all good places to buy your camera gear at. I can not beat that price for new lens.

9. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Isn't the improvement that it is now weather sealed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Here's a review of the 14-150 II from The Phoblographer site. Check the comments, of course, but also the "seasoning" they've put this lens through. Pretty impressive...

Here's the link. Enjoy!

Review: Olympus 14-150mm f4-5.6 II Weather Sealed

I'd add that I have bought the lens, am using it, and, for the price, satisfied with most of the results I've gotten.

Robert

11. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    I'll keep mine dry and save $250.

12. rjl1246

rjl1246 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    Ohio
    Robert Lietz
    Hi jgreg,

I see your point, except for the fact that several weeks ago this lens was available new from an authorized re-seller for $399, which made it a pretty irresistible buy at that time compared to the current asking price.

Robert

13. jgreg

jgreg Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2016
    James Gregus
    Ya I think that Roberts camera has more than they want on hand so they are bringing the price down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.