Olympus 12mm lens hood?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by thisisanton, May 8, 2012.

1. thisisanton

thisisanton Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does anyone know if there is a good lens hood for the 12mm Olympus lens? The one Olympus sells is over $80, that's a bit much for a hood. Also if there is one that you don't have to screw on to the side of the barrel would be nice, I'd be afraid to scratch the barrel w/ the screw.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

I ordered one off eBay months ago. I think it was about $30 shipped. It does have the screw but the screws in this design lens hood don't actually touch the lens barrel. Works very well.
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I bet I have the same one as DIS - it is the JJC lens hood. I think it is good construction quality and, like DIS said, the screw does not touch the lens (instead tightens a smooth band that wraps around). The only downside, I would guess, is maybe that the finish does not match as well as the Oly original. It is definitely good enough for me.
  4. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

Yup, it's the JJC hood. No need to pay the exorbitant amount Olympus wants. Not including a hood with an $800 lens stinks, if you ask me.
  5. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Just ordered a JJC hood- Olympus is guilty of highway robbery on this hood! Shame on them.