Showcase Olympus 12mm f/2

dancebert

Mu-43 Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sydney Aquarium
EM10 Mk2, O12 F2 @ 1/8th, ISO 1600

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
+ 1 I would not do that either. At the time it came it out it was a very special lens, it still is a very nice lens. Now we have the PL 12 f/1.4 and will, no doubt, have a O12mm PRO lens before too long. That said, the O12-40 is a lens worthy of keeping in your permanent kit.

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark
I wouldn't recommend that. Really, the only advantage it has is one stop, and the smaller size. IMO, it's not as sharp as the 12-40 PRO. The size does make it nice to use on a small body though.
The whole reason I came to M4/3 3 years ago from Canon FF and L glass was the size and weight. I traded my E-M10 last year for a Canon 5D and again I got tired of the large gear. Now with the 12-40 and a grip (not a must have, but it helps with the heavy lens) on my E-M5II I feel I'm right back where I was.. I purchased a 17 1.8 today and plan on a 45 1.8 and maybe a 25 1.8 later on. A very small and light 12mm 2.0 prime for the wide side would be much easier to carry.

The jury is still out....

Thanks

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Loving these shots and the lens. May have to trade my 12-40 2.8 for a nice copy...
Heh, I was just having kind of the opposite thought, that now that I have the 17 maybe I don't need the 12 anymore... I never was all that excited about its rendering of OOF areas, which kind of makes the f/2 less enticing... but it is a nice size/FL for having fun in cramped quarters without annoying the people around you. I'll probably keep it.

orchard county

Mu-43 Regular

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom