1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 12mm f/2.0 Prime $649 at B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Many of us are aware that Olympus is offering refurbished examples of the Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 prime for $639 on their own web site. The regular price for new examples is $799. But B&H is currently offering new examples with full warranty for $649 - only $10 more than the refurbs from Oly. Of course, the refurbs are very attractive when there's the periodic 20 percent discount (like the one I just missed). But that's assuming you can find the 12mm in stock when the sale is on. Here are the links for anyone interested. I have no idea how long this will last.

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (Black) V311020BU001

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (Silver) V311020SU000

2. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    They are currently $649 many places, so I think it is an Olympus promotion. They also have other lenses on sale. If you have the Chase Freedom credit card, you can buy one from Amazon and get 10% cashback, bringing it down to $585. That's the route I went. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Great lens, I paid $799 3 years ago, it's great for stars.

4. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    The route I took was to purchase used from the "Buy & Sell" forum on this site. I paid $430 (added a bit extra to help with the guy's PayPal fees and for UPS ground shipping) and the lens looked brand new when I got it. I buy quite a few items here and have had very good luck doing so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I do like the Oly 12, it’s a great lens which I’ve used extensively, but the alternatives are quite strong. When considering the 12, do factor in that the cheaper Samyang/ Rokinon 7.5mm is more fun and inspiring to use and gives arguably more interesting results and 2) for about the same price you can get a Ricoh GR which has a similar focal length and produces nicer and more unique results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.