Olympus 12mm f/2.0 Prime $649 at B&H

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Many of us are aware that Olympus is offering refurbished examples of the Zuiko 12mm f/2.0 prime for $639 on their own web site. The regular price for new examples is $799. But B&H is currently offering new examples with full warranty for $649 - only $10 more than the refurbs from Oly. Of course, the refurbs are very attractive when there's the periodic 20 percent discount (like the one I just missed). But that's assuming you can find the 12mm in stock when the sale is on. Here are the links for anyone interested. I have no idea how long this will last.

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (Black) V311020BU001

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 Lens (Silver) V311020SU000

2. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    They are currently $649 many places, so I think it is an Olympus promotion. They also have other lenses on sale. If you have the Chase Freedom credit card, you can buy one from Amazon and get 10% cashback, bringing it down to $585. That's the route I went. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Great lens, I paid $799 3 years ago, it's great for stars.

4. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    The route I took was to purchase used from the "Buy & Sell" forum on this site. I paid $430 (added a bit extra to help with the guy's PayPal fees and for UPS ground shipping) and the lens looked brand new when I got it. I buy quite a few items here and have had very good luck doing so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    I do like the Oly 12, it’s a great lens which I’ve used extensively, but the alternatives are quite strong. When considering the 12, do factor in that the cheaper Samyang/ Rokinon 7.5mm is more fun and inspiring to use and gives arguably more interesting results and 2) for about the same price you can get a Ricoh GR which has a similar focal length and produces nicer and more unique results.