Showcase Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I had a really weird experience the other day. I was looking through a few random pictures yesterday and I found one with some significant field curvature wide open at 12mm. Ive never noticed this until now, but I dont recall ever having this issue before. Is this common or might something be off in my lens?

2019.06.03_Randoms017_RT.jpg

Last edited:

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Swift Peacock Swallowtail #01 – Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

One of the prettier, in my view, butterflies at the Kemenuh Butterfly Park, a Swift Peacock Swallowtail (Papilio peranthus).

We spent a fair bit of time exploring the Kemenuh Butterfly Park in Bali, Indonesia. I can highly recommend it if you are in Bali and in the Ubud area.

Richard_M

Mu-43 Regular
Whangamarie Stream Waterfall, and lower cascades. North Island, New Zealand.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I had a really weird experience the other day. I was looking through a few random pictures yesterday and I found one with some significant field curvature wide open at 12mm. Ive never noticed this until now, but I dont recall ever having this issue before. Is this common or might something be off in my lens?

@Nick779 Just had a tooth pulled this morning so haven't felt like venturing out so just shot this at near minimum distance wide open and I see slight softening at edges but nothing I would worry about.

P8220327.jpg

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice CD rack, what kind is it?
Just run of the mill Kmart ones they used to sell 10yrs back. The only place you can find them now is in charity shops where they sell for a couple of bucks. My son has 16 of them and he still does the rounds of the shops at weekends looking for more as he has over 1500 cds and 2000 vinyls. We have a kerbside collection once a year where the council picks up your unwanted household items. He drove around for a couple of hours a couple of weeks back and managed to find 4 more sitting on the kerb. You can buy unopened CDs here for a couple of bucks as it seems everyone is into streaming nowadays. There's only two big players now selling CD's, JBHifi and Sanity as stores like Virgin, HMV and others closed their doors

Real Name
Rob
Granada cathedral

Real Name
Phil
Another from Carfest. I was trying panning with these cars but they were so bloody fast I had far more failures than hits.

srhphoto

Mu-43 Veteran
A couple of the much photographed St Mary's Lighthouse on the UK's north east coast.

St Mary's Dawn by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

St Mary's Lighthouse by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

Both taken with my EM1 mk II + Oly 12-40mm + Formatt HiTech filters.

Cheers,

Simon.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom