1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Olympus 12-40mm, 75mm, 17mm avail at refurb store with 15% off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by doboy, Aug 19, 2014.

1. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Saw it around 7:30 PDT today and placed the order for 12-40mm with 5% off coupon I had. Immediately after placing the order I received the email with 15% off (SUMMER15) so placed a second order and called to cancel the first order. Luckily I was able to cancel the one with only 5% off. Hurry before they all run out. :thumbup:

2. gary.l

gary.l Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Ran out. :) What a deal. I had one before and thought it was too big for me to want to use. But at 15% off... I would have gotten it again!

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    The 12-40's are sold out! I had one in my cart, and when I went to pay, they were out of stock. It was less than five minutes from the time I received my email until I went to pay. That was lightning fast. I hope they put a few more in stock later. :frown:

--Ken

4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Argh. When I try to add the 12-40 I get a red banner "This product is currently out of stock."

Happy you got one, I'll keep hunting!

5. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    I was looking also at the 75mm's, but both of them are out of stock too.
    That would have been a steal price

Edit: When did you guys get an email notice? I did just 26min ago, but they put it up hours before?

6. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow, that was fast. My first order was cancelled so it should've been put into stock again.

Edit: I think it was the 15% email that caused the surge.

7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I haven't even seen a 12-40 in stock w/o the sales...sigh I'm heading for vacation Sat and I really wanted to get one too. Guess I'll suffer with my primes instead.

8. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Based on past experiences from some folks I think they are slow to cut off. So they probably already had to many orders completed with people getting back-ordered notices even when yours went back to stock. Heck, I'd be really happy to have gotten it in with that coupon and then be told "you'll have to wait 4-6 weeks until we have another one in stock to send you".