Olympus 12-40mm, 75mm, 17mm avail at refurb store with 15% off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by doboy, Aug 19, 2014.

1. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Saw it around 7:30 PDT today and placed the order for 12-40mm with 5% off coupon I had. Immediately after placing the order I received the email with 15% off (SUMMER15) so placed a second order and called to cancel the first order. Luckily I was able to cancel the one with only 5% off. Hurry before they all run out. :thumbup:
  2. gary.l

gary.l Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Ran out. :) What a deal. I had one before and thought it was too big for me to want to use. But at 15% off... I would have gotten it again!
  3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    The 12-40's are sold out! I had one in my cart, and when I went to pay, they were out of stock. It was less than five minutes from the time I received my email until I went to pay. That was lightning fast. I hope they put a few more in stock later. :frown:

4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Argh. When I try to add the 12-40 I get a red banner "This product is currently out of stock."

Happy you got one, I'll keep hunting!
  5. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    I was looking also at the 75mm's, but both of them are out of stock too.
    That would have been a steal price

Edit: When did you guys get an email notice? I did just 26min ago, but they put it up hours before?
  6. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow, that was fast. My first order was cancelled so it should've been put into stock again.

Edit: I think it was the 15% email that caused the surge.
  7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    I haven't even seen a 12-40 in stock w/o the sales...sigh I'm heading for vacation Sat and I really wanted to get one too. Guess I'll suffer with my primes instead.
  8. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Based on past experiences from some folks I think they are slow to cut off. So they probably already had to many orders completed with people getting back-ordered notices even when yours went back to stock. Heck, I'd be really happy to have gotten it in with that coupon and then be told "you'll have to wait 4-6 weeks until we have another one in stock to send you".