Olympus 12-40 size comparison

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Photodan1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Photodan1

Photodan1 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Dan
    I saw somewhere in the last few days a link comparing the size on the 12-40 to other lenses. It seems like it was on the camera size comparison site I usually use but I went back there and the lens is not offered yet for comparison. I did a search on the forums and google and couldn't find it there either. Does anyone have that link?

2. DWhite

DWhite Mu-43 Regular

Jun 23, 2013
    David
    Coincidentally, the new Oly Pro 12-40 lens has exactly the same dimensions as the first generation Pana 14-140 lens (make sure you pick the "HD" version, not the newer one).

Whichever site you were on should have that lens in it's database.

3. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Australia
    I got my hands on an EM-1 today with the 12-40 lens. Very nice I must say.

The camera is bigger than the EM-5 but not greatly so. However the 12-40 lens is reasonably big. I would have to think twice before getting one for travel purposes. You would start to lose the size advantage over DSLRs. But on the other hand I guess you have to expect Pro quality lenses are going to be bigger than kit lenses.

I think it is likely that I will end up getting an EM-1 sometime in the next 6 months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.