1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus 12-40 Ouch!

Discussion in 'Back Room' started by langer318, Nov 28, 2013.

1. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    The good ones aren't the problem.... obviously!

2. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Well, if you've read the thread, many people have been concerned that this was a systematic issue or a design flaw that may affect every lens. I'm not trying to force any conclusions though, just sharing my experience with my kit.

3. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    :eek: 

4. Rolle

Rolle Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 12, 2013
    Olympus customer relations

In comparison the OM-D M5 "Sticking shutter" problem seems to be a much more common problem.

I wonder why that does not stir up the feelings as much as the 12-40 lens problem? To my opinion it is handled as bad as the broken lenses.

5. tipinboi

tipinboi New to Mu-43

Feb 12, 2013
    Hi.,ive come across on this.me too, i have the same problem with my oly pro lens.it fell off lastnight. Hows the repair process with yours?

6. tipinboi

tipinboi New to Mu-43

Feb 12, 2013
    Hi. Need help! Ime too. The same problem happened with my olympus 12-40 2.8 lens. Can anyone give me an information how to contact the olympus repair center.or send me link on their webpage. my lens is still covered with warranty.thank you.

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_servicerepair.asp

Good luck,

--Ken

8. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Please check and see if your credit card (if you used one to purchase it) has a purchase protection feature. Mine does and will definitely cover accidental losses within a limited time from purchase date.

9. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    wow i was on the fence as to which to get the oly 12 40 or panny12 35

youve helped me decide ..... sorry for your misfortune .

id take the screws out cyano= acyrilate the the snapped polycarbonate with great care and carefully reattach the screws checking the ribbon cable first .... well aleast your first with a lens teardown of that olympus

10. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

i wonder what happened with the OPs and that other guys lens issue. We never got an update

11. barry13

barry13 Mu-43.com Editor Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I had a similar experience recently:
    I think I damaged my 12-40mm lens

Barry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.