Showcase Olympus 100mm f/2.8 OM

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec

Found this old thread, and also this blog on legacy lenses,
https://braddlesphotoblurb.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-great-m43-adventure-legacy-lenses.html

Decided I just had to add the 100/2.8 to my collection, can't afford the 100/2 anyway.
Did a search on eBay and found lots and lots of the early E-Zuiko, but no later MC versions. So put in a "saved search" and waited.
Lo and behold, this morning appeared the answer to my prayer, a late model "Zuiko", no MC, and date stamp July 1983. Perfect and a very good price, $119, so I grabbed it. Apologies to anyone else looking for it.
It will be a couple of weeks before it trickles through the mail system to NZ. I'll keep in touch. Coincidentally, the postal route includes a bypass through Portland OR.
Cheers,
Alec

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Found this old thread, and also this blog on legacy lenses,
https://braddlesphotoblurb.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-great-m43-adventure-legacy-lenses.html

Decided I just had to add the 100/2.8 to my collection, can't afford the 100/2 anyway.
Did a search on eBay and found lots and lots of the early E-Zuiko, but no later MC versions. So put in a "saved search" and waited.
Lo and behold, this morning appeared the answer to my prayer, a late model "Zuiko", no MC, and date stamp July 1983. Perfect and a very good price, $119, so I grabbed it. Apologies to anyone else looking for it.
It will be a couple of weeks before it trickles through the mail system to NZ. I'll keep in touch. Coincidentally, the postal route includes a bypass through Portland OR.
Cheers,
Alec
And 10 days later it has arrived.
Just a quick snap of a bit of color in the garden.
(also posted in Adapted Lens thread)

PB120219-web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
And now a serious test of this lens.
The Southern Cross,
E-M5 II, 5 seconds, f/2.8, ISO3200.
I am impressed, apart from flaring of the brightest stars, others are just pin-points. Almost APO quality, and this from a 37 year-old lens.

P1200209-web-1600pix.jpg

PS, Don't tell everyone how good this lens is, that will drive up the prices. Just buy one for yourself while the prices are low, and enjoy the quality. (See earlier posts regarding which version to look for)

Last edited:

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Another astro pic from this lens. I think worthy of entry into the Showcase because it shows what the lens is capable of when faced with pin-points of starlight.

The subject is the Carina Nebula, in the Milky Way, "not far" from the Southern Cross.

( NB It's the pink blob in this frame from my 12-40mm PRO Showcase thread,
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/olympus-12-40mm-f-2-8-pro.54614/page-177#lg=attachment805239&slide=0)

Anyway, the Carina Nebula, as seen with an OM 100/2.8. (A stack of 10x1minute frames).

Autosave-prelim-levels,color,sharpen-16bit-web.jpg

Cheers

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
Well, duly influenced by the fine work shown in this thread, I sought one of these out. Haven't gotten out with it much, but it's a jewel indeed. This is probably a 50% crop, shot at f6.3 if memory serves.

managatsuo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Peter
Unfortunately I have only the f2 version
Good lens tho,
bit heavy

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom