Olympus 100-400mm f/5.0-6.3 IS lens

hoodlum

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is an EM10-mk4, already?
That was rumored to be the body announced this summer so not too much of a surprise. I wonder if it will have the same sensor/processor as the E-M5iii. That would be a cheap body to get access to a lot of the new features.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have seen the PL100-400mm on sale for less than that. But price comparison is irrelevant right now. Actual users will be more interested in performance, weight, and weather sealing.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
do you think it may be compatible with the t/c's? I'd be tempted to trade my pl 100-400 if so.. or dual IS maybe..
Not a chance with MC14 or MC20! It's not a Pro lens (although I would love it if it did), however, it is an IS lens which means it would be possible for Sync IS on Olympus (compatible) bodies.

Last edited:

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Regular
I have seen the PL100-400mm on sale for less than that. But price comparison is irrelevant right now. Actual users will be more interested in performance, weight, and weather sealing.
I can only speak for prices in Germany, but the PanaLeica 100-400 has settled for a streetprice of roughly EUR 1400-1500. Usually the official MSRP in USD will be replaced 1:1 with EUR or even slightly more - so the new Olympus will be pretty much the same price as the Panasonic lens.
As an Olympus only user, I would prefer the Olympus lens because I could use Dual-IS with my E-M1 and (I think) Pen-F or at least maybe some future body like an E-M1 Mk II - something I can't with the PanaLeica. It remains to be seen, what other features the Olympus will deliver and, just as you said, how it performs.

doxa750

Mu-43 Regular
Not a chance with MC14 or MC20! It's not a Pro lens (although I would love it if it did), however, it is an IS lens which means it would be possible for Sync IS on Olympus (compatible) bodies.
Well, it seems Jimmy who is UK Olympus visionary just confirmed it can. He said it at around 1 hr and 10ish minute so you can just fast forward to it :) I am surprised myself, but if he says so, I believe it.

Cheers

hoodlum

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, it seems Jimmy who is UK Olympus visionary just confirmed it can. He said it at around 1 hr and 10ish minute so you can just fast forward to it :) I am surprised myself, but if he says so, I believe it.

Cheers
Found the comments starting at the 1:14:50 mark. A bit surprising that it can support both TCs as the 2x tc will put it well within Diffraction territory. I guess this will differentiate it from the Panasonic 100-400 that cannot support TCs.

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend

Cheers
Does a great job of comparing m4/3 against the new Canon and the f11 lenses. You actually lose ground with the Canon setup, especially when you need fast shutter speeds to freeze action.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross

Cheers
All I can hear is (& read the questions) that it is about the Pro 150-400, not the 100-400 f5.0-6.3 lens. OK, I heard & saw the message at 1:14hr.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom