Olympus 100-400mm f/5.0-6.3 IS lens

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm interested too. But it depends from size, weight and price. Otherwise i will stay with my 75-300 II :whistling:
I think that will be the case for most 75-300 owners, like me.

What might sway me is a tripod mount, with an E-M10 dual IS and WR make no difference. As noted earlier for bird shots there is no such thing as "too long".

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Regular
I have been patiently waiting for this lens by buying medium format film gear (which btw the 80mp hires and 60mm macro are amazing with). Summer technically starts in 3 days. Please Olympus; my wallet yearns for this lens. :026:

Last edited:

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I think that will be the case for most 75-300 owners, like me.

What might sway me is a tripod mount, with an E-M10 dual IS and WR make no difference. As noted earlier for bird shots there is no such thing as "too long".
The E-M10 II will not do Sync IS but will do rotational correction with the Olympus lens OIS as detailed in the camera's firmware update (1.1) found here.
https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/
Compatible with Olympus lens with a built-in image stabilizing function.
  • * The camera body recognizes the IS built into the lens, allowing for optimal image stabilizing effects.
    • * Not compatible with 5 axis Sync IS.
  • * You can get the effects of rolling stabilization from the IS function of the body, along with the effects of image stabilization from the IS function of the lens.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was on one of the recent Olympus youtube training videos and this lens came up. The presenter indicated it hurt to see Olympus users have to use the opositions lens on their EM1's for wildlife, so I think they know the importance of this lens in their line up.

I think if they get this wrong it will cost them body and lens sales.

Last edited:

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's summer now, and has been for a while. Will we have wait till August to see this lens released?

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Released, as in available for sale, in a shop, mail order on line? Patience needed.
The usual: price and availability is announced. Meanwhile, all the YouTubers and big review websites have had access to it, and are then free to release their articles and videos about it. I'm looking forward to that, as I will not buy it blindly. I'm hoping for direct comparisons to the Pana Leica offering.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard

doxa750

Mu-43 Regular
I had waited and gave myself a deadline. I had to move on.

So far my new 300mm F4 Pro IS works out really well. I have yet found the need to use TC14 that much at all. I had been afraid of the weight, but it is a lot lighter than expected.
Anyhow, I still really would like to see this lens get release real soon.

Cheers

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom