Showcase Olympus 100-400 f/5.0-6.3

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
51184235187_7b3f2a8705_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mattliff

New to Mu-43
1/250 sec. f/7.1 100mm ISO2500
Pileated Woodpecker.

Final--13.jpg

1/400 sec. f/7.1 236mm ISO5000
Blue Jay.

Final--6.jpg

StephenRH

Mu-43 Regular
Hooray! Lens arrived. Found time for an hour or so getting to know it. Tried some ProCapture at a cricket match - worked well but I got the focus a bit wrong. Oh well!
Duck1.jpg
Goose1.jpg

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It has arrived ?

EM120087.jpg

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congratulations, you should name him Walter.

Any news on your lens?

Yes, I think we're going to be very happy together ?

EM120119.jpg

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Still getting used to what I can and cannot do with it. So far, I'm very pleased with mine. Enjoy.

Thanks Richard, you too.

There will be a learning curve to get the best out of it, and I'm keen to see what I can get away with when using the TCs, but this thing has impressed me straight out of the box. The zoom ring is a little stiffer than I expected and there's a tiny bit of rotational play on the mount that I've seen others mention, but neither are big concerns to me.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Thanks Richard, you too.

There will be a learning curve to get the best out of it, and I'm keen to see what I can get away with when using the TCs, but this thing has impressed me straight out of the box. The zoom ring is a little stiffer than I expected and there's a tiny bit of rotational play on the mount that I've seen others mention, but neither are big concerns to me.
There is play on the mount on mine too and has been since I got it. It's not been an issue and hasn't got any worse.

StephenRH

Mu-43 Regular
There is play on the mount on mine too and has been since I got it. It's not been an issue and hasn't got any worse.
Yep. Mine has some rotational play as well. I had a close look at the recess on the mount where the pin on the camera body goes and it looks a fraction larger than my other Olympus lenses.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
I am hoping this Sunday I can do an excursion up on Blackdown Hills and get some real testing for Big Oly and 100-400mm. I even got full camo gear now ... which I mean to talk about for weeks now but life always gets in the way. I'm getting excited.

PS. Need to get Big Oly from LCE, they called today to tell me the cleaning is done and they did find some big blobs on the sensor .... phew.

Latest threads

Top Bottom