Olympu P1 for USD 49 with kit lens ..

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is shocking.Olympus EP1 with kit lens only for USD 49..

see this.If someone can buy and send me one please ?
    FRYS.com | OLYMPUS

2. aragorn764

aragorn764 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 9, 2012
    Alberta, CANADA
    Hope someone jumps on that deal fast! I would buy 4 of them and sell them on here for 200$ a pop! wow

3. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    It says shipping is unavailable, only in store pick ups :(

4. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Out of stock within a hundred miles of me. :frown:

5. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    same here... nothing in 100 miles of LA

an amazing deal if you can find it... at that price you could buy a couple and make a 3D rig.... or 10 and do 'Matrix' style bullet time... or take it apart and see how light you could get it and put it on a kite or a RC Helicoper.... or a helium balloon to the edge of space....

K

6. captevo

captevo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    0 available :(

7. jeffryscott

jeffryscott Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Arizona
    none in Arizona.

8. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Yep, good deal if you can get it. Which would require you living close to a Fry's store that has stock on hand. If I was lucky enough to be wandering through Fry's and come across this deal, I would try to buy as many as I could afford (if my wife wasn't with me) just to flip on evilbay or wherever for $175 or so. You could still keep one (it's still a good camera) and make money.

9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Keep in mind a lot of these Frys deals are "in the system" only -- yes they advertise the price, but damned if any actually exist.

10. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    No availability in the two states I'm in. :mad:

11. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I think it was a glitch..that price doesn't make sense. Maybe they dropped a '1' in there.

12. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I doubt it's a glitch. Fry's clears things out for very cheap. The problem is that Fry's takes forever to remove things out of their inventory system. So things that were cleared out a year ago can still be in the inventory system. There are many ghosts in the machine. Like this one. I have no doubt that it sold for this price, but that was probably a while ago and I wouldn't get your hopes up on finding one now. When did the E-P2 come out? Shortly thereafter was probably when the E-P1 was clearanced out.

13. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I don't know which two states you're in, but I'm usually in two states as well-

Broke before payday

Broke after payday

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zanr Zij

Zanr Zij Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2012
    Not available at the nearest : California, with 100 miles :)

15. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Washington and Oregon. Split my time between the two and travel to California every other week!

16. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Same here - wanted to order it for the OP. :frown::mad:

One way to get people to the site :rolleyes:

17. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    They probably had 4 left in the entire USA, which mean a couple of people get lucky and about 1,000 others get a false alarm when they see that $50 price- ;)

18. vmaniqui

vmaniqui New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2012
    that's how fry's is. i've seen so many good deals and yet they're nowhere to be found. too good to be true. i checked my are to 200 miles and nothing shows up.

19. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Well it says shipping not available, and only in-store pickup. It does not say what store they are at tho.
    however it says "Please note that we charge sales tax for AZ, CA, GA, IN, IL, TN, TX , NV, and WA. " meaning the stores are in those states.

my brother lives in texas and the site said the 2 Huston and the Webster store did not have them.
    Too bad, I would have liked one too.

20. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I meant to post this - I called Fry's the day this was posted and he spent 10 minutes on the phone with me trying to find any store that actually had it. No one had any listed. He thought the store that originally posted the ad, (he said he had no way of knowing which store :rolleyes:) must of had a returned or display in the store for a while and they just wanted it gone.