1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oly flash on Pana body

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Sep 15, 2015.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I'll be testing a GX7 sometime soon and the only thing I have access to, to connect to the hotshoe in order to test it are the generic PEN flash units they have at the store. I just need to confirm if anyone knows if they should work with these bodies or not, if there is any specific setting I need to set before trying it?

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    TTL functionality is common to both Olympus and Panasonic.

3. taurus9

taurus9 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    BC, Canada
    Using Olympus flashes on Panny cameras should work fine. I have an Olympus FL600 and works great on my GX7 and GH4 cameras. The only Olympus flashes that would have a problem would be the flashes that come included with the OMD and PEN cameras.

4. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    You mean like the FL-LM1, which is what I'm likely to be using to test it?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...E9hFgC5zhmyK3E7vfpjDWYHub5xjBEWC_J9TGf7HvVNy7

5. taurus9

taurus9 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    BC, Canada
    The FL-LM1 would not work with the Panasonic cameras. Notice that in the pictures of the FL-LM1 beneath the foot of the flash that there is a connector. It goes in an Olympus accessory port that is built into the Olympus EPL and EPM cameras. That accessory port does not exist in Panasonic cameras. You will need to find a different flash to test the GX7 I'm afraid.