Oly EPL5 preview up at DPR..looks nice :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Bhupi.... does the E-PL5 ring any bells on you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hahhaahah not anymore .. my both ears are deaf now. I like OMD but it was a father's day gift otherwise I was eventually waiting for EPL5. WR body is useless without WR lenses and kit lens is mediocre . Whats about u? I love GX1 as well.So no more camera shopping . OMD is quite bulky actually and I would like the form factor of EPL5 .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    If they are the king and queen of MFT (E-M5 and GX1) respectively, then you got the ultimate combo I think. :thumbup:

I'm liking my GX1 and G3 combo btw. :biggrin:

5. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    I like the new E-PL5, but it's too small. Even now I'm waiting for my TP leather half-case to show up so my GX1 can put on some weight! I tell you what, though - if those spec's are correct - I'm very excited to see ISO100 with 1/4000 shutter! Maybe I need king and queen cameras too, or more likely prince and princess...

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    If this had the thumb wheel I'd love it, I'd stop drooling over the EM-5. I like the two wheel system, just personal preference. I don't need a flash, that's why I buy fast lenses. I may pick one up eventually to replace my E-PL2 because of the tilt screen, but even with the new sensor I'd probably grab my E-P3 for most shots because of the two wheels.

7. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    In one spec it says 'EV 0 - 20 (at normal temperature, 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)'

and in another:
    'ISO sensitivity AUTO ISO 200 - 25600 (customizable, Default 200-1600)
    Manual ISO 200 - 25600, 1/3 or 1 EV steps selectable'
    It seems to me there are certain things measured as ISO 100, but not the sensor which has a low of 200.

I was getting excited about the GH3 (which would be a big stretch for me), but if the specs of the EPL5 hold their promise then I'll be glad for the lighter weight and much lower price.
    I'm particularly interested in the AF tracking.

8. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I wonder if the exchangeable Thumb grip is the same as the E-P3...I still have a Large grip laying around...

10. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    I feel like I'm the only one that loves the guts of these cameras, but does not like the design. I guess I was just hoping for an E-PX camera...

• Like Like x 1
  11. jpig

jpig Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    You're not the only one. I'm taking a pass on these and waiting for an E-Px with the OMD EM5 sensor and maybe a built in EVF.

If that doesn't materialize, then it will be between the OMD EM5 and the new Fuji X-E1.

• Like Like x 2
  12. chicaboo

chicaboo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2012
    Logan, QLD, Australia
    Gav
    Well, once again DPR seem to have flaky spec's. I see no mention of the still image recording at ISO100 with the E-PL5 on the Olympus websites. So that means an ND8 filter for anyone wanting to use the 25/1.4 outdoors in the bright sunlight...