1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Oly EPL3 high shutter speed problems...does Panasonic have this problem as well?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jettilton, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Panasonic users: do you have this problem at high shuttter speeds? P1080477sm.

Have the EPL3 and 45mm combo.
    Took it out last night, no problems, great results.

Took it out today to take a photo of a crow in a tree, get strange blackish gray haze over much of lower part of image! this has never happened before, was using Aperture Priority, 400 ISO, around f2.2 to 3.2, happens randomly, and haze appears or image appears darker than what conditions were!

Has this happened to anyone else? Need to know if either the EPL3 or the 45mm is failing, need to return within 30 day policy if it is! Highly disappointed as I was trying to rid myself of the Nikon D5100, and just use the Oly, but this latest problem is extremely upsetting!

Will try to post image from gallery:

---------

Yes, thoroughly depressed now! So much research, Oly 45mm lens hype....all for nothing! I thought that it might be a high ISO problem, since at ISO 1600 outdoors, sunny, f2.8, shutter speed of around 2500-4000, half of image has black/gray problem, thought maybe If I set ISO to 200? Same problem! so if you set ISO to 200, f3.5 or 4, shutter speed goes to 2500 or more, same problem as above!!!!!!! Tried both lenses, same problem no matter what lens I'm using!

This is so disheartening, Spent over $1000 on New EPL3, franiec grip, 45mm lens, VF-3..
    now I'm having to package it back up to send to B&H!
    So wanted a compact system that delivered great images, but no more Olympus for me!
    At least I know I'm not alone since gswpete had the same problems with the EPM-1.

Now I only have my trusty Nikon d5100, and no smaller system or compact to take with me anywhere! I sure don't want Olympus products given their financial scandal and now I can't use the camera at high shutter speeds outdoors (something that could be done with the EPL1 I had before).

Does Panasonic have this problem?

2. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    Also tried same scenario with my Nikon D5100, no problems....shot at high shutter speeds, low f-stop, High ISO, Low ISO, image properly exposed, no strange black haze!

3. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
  4. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
  5. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    sorry to post in separate forums, just wondered if Panasonic users have ever experience this problem with their bodies?

Jet

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I understand your thinking, Jet. Just be aware that most people on this forum don't go browsing specific forum categories only. Most of us browse for new posts instead, which will show both posts irregardless of category. ;)

7. jettilton

jettilton Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2011
    yes of course, now I understand, they are all listed on the right side of the page!

8. AdamThirtle

AdamThirtle Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Newcastle, UK
    I am shooting with an E-PM1, and often shoot at higher shutter speeds, for skateboarding and such, and I have not experienced this. If it is a manufacturing problem, only Olympus can help you, surely it'll be covered by warranty