1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Oly EP-2 with Nikon 28mm (pics)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by digitalandfilm, Sep 17, 2011.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    A bit of an experiment today.. decided to see how feasible it was to shoot street photo's with a manual focus prime (Nikon 28mm F2.8 AIS) and the Fotodiox :43: -> Nikon Lens adapter. With the VF2 it was quite easy to get good focus on stationary subjects, but for moving people on the street I had to use the "zone focus" method. On the pavement, I estimated the distance of about 12 feet and let the subject come to me. It wasn't easy.. missed 1 or 2 shots, but it is definately do-able. The bright spot here is that the Nikon AIS is sharp as a tack, especially with the crop factor.. which may eliminate the softness in the corners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Excellent result, very nice. I'm following the same method but with a G1 and 28mm Hexanon and my result are very similar. Nice photo talk, very nice.

6154742814_f69e381a94_b.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shots look good!

The Nikon 28 2.8 AIS is one of the sharpest MF lenses in Nikon's line-up. I wouldn't mind picking that lens up.

4. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Impressive work and photographs, congrats!

Having found my true old love (NikonF) in mint black with the Photomic AND CLAed at Nikon Professional Service, Cologne, my lens park is in AI(S) 24mm, 28mm, 50mm and 105mm.
    At the moment I'm not quite sure to invest more into my E-P2 system with 17, 20 and 14-42mm due to the arrival of the GXR mount for M.
    In the long run having bought a GXR from the start would have been better, but the drawback was the only available lensor of 50mm at the beginning. Now they have 50, 28mm and the module for my Leica M glass which will not crop by factor 2.

When I get a test cam into my hands I'll test my 21mm and the 50mm Cron and a 90mm Elmarit. The UI from Ricoh I know from my GRD2.

BUT the Pen gave me back the joy of colour photographs, small footprint on the streets and a very positive feedback between cam and brain.....:rolleyes: