1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oly EP-2, VF-2 with Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by digitalandfilm, Sep 17, 2011.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    A bit of an experiment today.. decided to see how feasible it was to shoot street photo's with a manual focus prime (Nikon 28mm F2.8 AIS) and the Fotodiox :43: -> Nikon Lens adapter. With the VF2 it was quite easy to get good focus on stationary subjects, but for moving people on the street I had to use the "zone focus" method. On the pavement, I estimated the distance of about 12 feet and let the subject come to me. It wasn't easy.. missed 1 or 2 shots, but it is definately do-able. The bright spot here is that the Nikon AIS is sharp as a tack, especially with the crop factor.. which may eliminate the softness in the corners!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Forgot to mention.. the color and contrast of this 30 year old lens is awesome!

3. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Those are great. And "beehive lady" has an amazing upside down smile.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I like the second one best. It's like a tale of 2 personalities -- the happy kind, and the dour one. Of course, it's just one moment in time, and they could actually be quite different people, but the pictures fun, none the less.

Like the others, too, btw, but that one stood out to me.

5. I've kind of gone off using legacy lenses for a little while, but if you're willing to put in the effort with them the results can be great.