1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oly ED 7-14 f/4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by DoofClenas, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Other than the typical focusing issues with using a 4/3 lens on a :43: body...are there any other issues?

My MMF-3 will be here tomorrow and I can't wait to try it out on my EPM2 the 7-14, 8mm and 200mm f/4 hexanon lenses.

2. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Ahh, straight lines from an UWA lens...oh how I have missed you my dear 7-14. Focusing isn't as bad as I thought it would be...takes about a second to lock in. I even had to remove some moire...and that was wide open, handheld...

It's big on the EPM2, but handles just fine.

P1100001-20130110-X2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. papasula

papasula Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2012
    Did you have to correct distortion at all?

4. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Nope...the lens is that straight...just some cropping and minor adjustments in lr4

5. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

I use my ED 7-14 on the E-M5 with LV often and apart from a sightly slower focus (doesn't matter with the subjects I use it for) it is just a good as it ever was on the E5.

David

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Beautiful lens. Built like a tank. Just couldn't make it work for landscapes though.

7. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Why not ? Flare? I do use my hand to shield a lot to reduce the flaring effects.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.