Oly E-P3

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I guess by now we are all aware that a new body is on the way, supposedly a Pro mu4/3rds.
The one thing that would have me in line for it is if they would change the focus from a square-ish green patch to a proper focusing screen like the big fellas have...I prefer a cross hair or a split (like the RF cameras) as the green area just does not turn me on..it is not precise enough.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I guess by now we are all aware that a new body is on the way, supposedly a Pro mu4/3rds.
The one thing that would have me in line for it is if they would change the focus from a square-ish green patch to a proper focusing screen like the big fellas have...I prefer a cross hair or a split (like the RF cameras) as the green area just does not turn me on..it is not precise enough.

Hi Bill, I'm excited to see what they bring out!

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
They got rid of the ugly green box for the E-PL2. :) It has a nice discreet circle instead... it doesn't have the cross-hairs so it doesn't make it any more accurate, but at least it doesn't distract from the image.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They got rid of the ugly green box for the E-PL2. :) It has a nice discreet circle instead... it doesn't have the cross-hairs so it doesn't make it any more accurate, but at least it doesn't distract from the image.

Thanks for that..it makes it more likely that it will be incorporated in the next generation of Pen Pro body.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Thanks for that..it makes it more likely that it will be incorporated in the next generation of Pen Pro body.

I'm sure it will be. :) That's what I love about Olympus, is they only move forward with improvements. They rarely ever go backwards, unless the cost savings are just too immense.

Yotsuba

Mu-43 Regular
I'm holding off the purchase of an EVF2 in anticipation of a built-in one with the EP3.

But then, the EP3 might be expensive, then I can buy a used EVF2 (instead of a EP3) more cheaply ???:rofl:

st3v4nt

Mu-43 Veteran
Is this going to be the list of what we want from EP-3?

While I still happy with my EPL-1 and not plan to buy another m4/3 body, I hope that EP-3 will have built in EVF, Faster AF, Better Grip, Better sensor (not just upgrading the pixel), Tether Control, More User Customized Function Scroll button, and most of all native m4/3 lens in HG and SHG class.

And please retain the same batt, and all good things from previous EP and EPL series....

Otherwise I opt for discounted EP-2....:-D

DekHog

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Why do I have the ugly green box for focus on my E-PL2 then? :confused:

DekHog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bill, you've lost me now.... I've got the E-PL2 and Ned said.....

Am I missing something obvious? My E-PL2 definitely does have the ugly green box, not a discreet circle?

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bill, you've lost me now.... I've got the E-PL2 and Ned said.....

Am I missing something obvious? My E-PL2 definitely does have the ugly green box, not a discreet circle?

I am sorry I did not mean to suggest anything other than "I hope that the new E-P3 includesthe circle rather than the green box.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Why do I have the ugly green box for focus on my E-PL2 then? :confused:

That I'm not sure about... Mine shows up with a very light circle, much like the center point on a scope. Perhaps there was some setting I've changed (or vice versa, that you've changed?), but I'm pretty sure that was the way it was at factory default.

The green box does show up instantaneously when I take a photo to show where the focus point is, but then it disappears again.

Another thing you might be interested in, is that you can adjust the size of your focus point as well as its location, using the Close-Up button on the E-PL2 (this was also available on the E-PL1 with the Magnification Box). The zoom box is directly tied to the Autofocus on the E-PL2, and the size and position of that box is exactly where the camera is going to focus. This means that using the maximum zoom (14x) will give you a smaller box and therefore more accurate focus. Very much like the "AF Small Point" setting of the E-3 and E-5. Very powerful tool. ;)

DekHog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks, Ned - Hmmm I've never had anything but the ugly green box. Does doing a camera reset wipe your MyModes?

I know about the zoom function, but losing the overall framing of the 'big picture' is very distracting to me, as well as being a very slow way to work, although for something like macro work I can see it being ideal. The 'Picture-in-picture' solution of Panasonic does sound pretty great...

Latest threads

Top Bottom