Oly Batteries

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dornblaser, Jun 4, 2013.

1. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    There are a number of threads about batteries for the OMD and how quickly they need to be recharged when being used. My wife is going to speak at a meeting at the college that we met at tomorrow. So, we are going to make a day trip out of it and I decided to recharge a battery that has been in an "off" camera for a few weeks. It is taking as long a full recharge. It is not SD cards that I worry about carrying, it is batteries.

2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I was going to delete this post but since it is the first post of a thread the board is not allowing me to. The reason that I was going to delete the thread is because in hindsight I am not sure how old the battery is or how many cycles that battery has been through. The battery is for a PEN and we were early PEN adopters and have a number of batteries.

3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    First off lithium batteries self-discharge, even when sitting on the shelf.

Second, when charging the last 20% chargers switch to a slow charging rate to protect the battery, so it will take a long time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.