Oly 90-250, least expensive I've ever seen on eBay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Speedliner, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    500mm equiv f2.8 for $2000? - for the birders that's got to be a great deal (assuming the E-M1's AF is able to focus the beast on anything other than stone statues). Not for me though - I have neither the interest nor the strength to drag such a monstrous carbuncle around with me! This lens must represent the height of absurdity in the 4/3 era.

3. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Pretty competitive with the only other lens that's really in its class, the Sigma 120-300/2.8. And in terms of size, not an insane comparison when put up against the Nikon 200-500/f5.6, either, or the Canon 200-400/f4 with its built-in 1.4x TC...

As you say though, I'm not sure the E-M1 AF could keep up enough to make it worth it. That lens would definitely be a tripod-queen.

4. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    That's a pretty damn good deal on that lens. I don't get what this EM1 AF not able to keep up? It should have no problem with focusing this or the 300/2.8, other then the typical issues with the 4/3 lenses like only able to do 6.5fps in C-AF and a slightly slower focusing speed then the say the 40-150 Pro. Other then that the EM1 has no problem with the 4/3 lenses, have seen plenty of sports shot taken with both the 90-250 and 300/2.8 to know there is no issue.

If and when I get the 300Pro, this lens is probably going to be on my list........feel it will be a bit more useful then the 300/2.8 and will probably then sell off my 50-200 SWD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Oh no! That would be like selling a child. You can't do it, the Earth will spin off axis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.