Oly 9-18mm won't manual focus

Real Name
Mark
About 3 months ago my Oly 9-18mm stopped autofocusing on the long end with the "Check the status of a lens" error. I sent it in for repair and it came back autofocusing great! Happy ending until yesterday.

Yesterday I was in a low-light situation and set the camera to manual focus as there wasn't enough light/contrast for autofocus to work. Unfortunately, when I turn the focus ring, nothing happens. I'm assuming that this isn't normal and that the 9-18mm isn't autofocus only or something. Kind of a bummer but I guess I'd rather have non-working manual focus than non-working auto-focus.

Any tips or suggestions?

oldracer

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
IIRC on that one you have to slide the manual focus ring back to get manual focus to kick in.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
..... never put the collapsible lens in the locked and collapsed position, there's a flexible ribbon with very fine wires embedded. Over a period of actuations, the ribbon cracks and looses electrical connection. This is a common problem with these lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom