Oly 9-18mm lens hood available

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thanks to georger's post
over on this thread https://www.mu-43.com/f38/m-zuiko-vs-zuiko-digital-9-18mm-lens-shootout-3163/ earlier today, we are now aware of a lens hood for this 9-18mm lens.

Apparently, according to the post on dpreview, one has to call to order because it's not showing up yet on their website.

Thought some of you might be interested. Please let us know what you think, if you buy one.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I called Olympus today to order one. The guy couldn't find it in his system. He said he will look into it, I'll call again tomorrow. I gave him the item number, price, etc. but they couldn't sell me one.

arpoador

Mu-43 Regular
Be persistent

Be persistent, Lisa.

When I called, he ...
1) told me if it wasn't on the online catalog, he couldn't order it, then ...
2) agreed to look for it on his in-house catalog, but couldn't find it, then ...
3) agreed to ask his supervisor while I waited.

I ordered the hood, and it arrived today. :)

On the negative side:
1) it doesn't provide that much protection. It's similar to, but less effective than, the one on the PL45/2.8.
2) it wouldn't slide past my B+W UV filter :(

I ended up taking off the filter, putting on the hood, putting the filter back on. That means the hood is basically on the lens for good until I get a new filter.

- josé

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I never use hoods, never did.
This lens, with camera on sholder needs a hood.
My arm hits it all the time.
If it improves IQ that's an added plus...
Just ordered, will have it this week.

M

mabelsound

Thanks for the heads-up, just ordered my 9-18, and this hood as well.

M

mabelsound

Well! My 9-18 arrived a day early, to my surprise. What a nice little package! I am very impressed. Those of you who ordered the hood, where does it ship from? Did it arrive quickly? It would be great if it actually came this week...

landshark

Mu-43 Veteran
I order the hood last thursday it arrived today, looks good, to answer an earlier question it is plastic, the only thing I do not like is it will not bayonet backwards for storage.
Otherwise so far so good

M

mabelsound

Doesn't come with a cap, I assume?

It's good if it took a week to get to you...that suggests they ship from near me!...I suspect from Pennsylvania, which I think is where the US HQ is. I just might have it for my trip...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom