Oly 7-14mm F2.8 filterhelp.

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi all, i´ve been wondering if i should buy the Oly 7-14mm F2.8
But the problem that makes me uncertain is the filters, since you cant use normal filters, there´s a need for some kind of adapter.
I´ve seen this one from Lee,
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

it looks good with a solid mount (i dont want just a push on adapter) but the problem seems to be vignetting from anything but 14mm.

So does anyone here know about any other adapters for this lens? or if there´s a good workaround with stepup-rings or something that works on the Lee adater.

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
If you plan to use graduated filters and cant live with the vignetting from the smaller Lee system i think you have to look into bigger systems like Nisi, Haida or Cokin...not sure they will fit a lens hood without screwing of the adapter.

If you dont plan to use graduated filters i would look into filter systems for round screw in filters...such as for example stc optics. You will still have some vignetting at the widest end but nothing that cant be corrected in post.

https://shop.stcoptics.com/product/screwinlens/

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thx for the suggestions and input here, the STC optics seems quite interesting.

peterwgallagher

Mu-43 Regular
I have the 7-14mm too, and asked the local NISI rep what my options were. Here's an extract from his answer (links to the Australian NISI site, but the products are the same world-wide):

To get started you can use the S5 adaptor for 7-14mm and any of our circular S5 filters. As an example:

https://nisifilters.com.au/product/nisi-s5-circular-ir-nd64-1-8-6-stop-cpl-for-s5-150mm-holder/
https://nisifilters.com.au/product/nisi-s5-adaptor-only-for-olympus-m-zuiko-digital-ed-7-14mm-f-2-8/

You can at a later stage add a holder to allow you to also stack more filters (150mm wide square filters) but you can only use 1 circular filter.

https://nisifilters.com.au/product/nisi-s5-150mm-holder-spart-part/

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have the 7-14mm too, and asked the local NISI rep what my options were. Here's an extract from his answer (links to the Australian NISI site, but the products are the same world-wide):
Thx, but it seems to be a push on adapter? i need a more solid solution.

joerg218

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jörg
What kind of filters do you want to use with the 7-14, only ND filters?
For me the 7-14 is an excellent lens, but without filter thread... The release of the E-M1 III makes this lens interesting again for me, because in this focal range i would only use ND Filters and the LIVE ND Feature of the Mark III can do this without an Filter adapter. If the new E-M1 is on your wishlist, it could be an option.
If you want to use graduated filters or other filters this is of course no option...

Sorry for the off-topic, but this comes in my mind since the Mark III release...

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
What kind of filters do you want to use with the 7-14, only ND filters?
For me the 7-14 is an excellent lens, but without filter thread... The release of the E-M1 III makes this lens interesting again for me, because in this focal range i would only use ND Filters and the LIVE ND Feature of the Mark III can do this without an Filter adapter. If the new E-M1 is on your wishlist, it could be an option.
If you want to use graduated filters or other filters this is of course no option...

Sorry for the off-topic, but this comes in my mind since the Mark III release...
Hi Joerg, i´m mostely after to protect the front with UV filter when i shoot motorsport, and if i want to make panos I use circular pol.
I would propably use some ND also for landscapes, but that would propably be like 5-10% of the time i use this lens.

BrianLa

Mu-43 Regular
There was a youtube video of this system, it seems pretty good. The built in nd on the em-1 mkiii makes it less necessary but I'd still want a polariser on occasion so I'm a bit conflicted.
Brian

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just get the Pl8-18. Problem solved.
The problem is that I want F2.8, weathersealing and I use Olympus pro capture and other olympus funktions that will not work with a panasonic lens :(

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom