Oly 60 macro and 75 1.8 - Purty Girl

pod

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rob
They are intense in a sharp photo like that, 'Mona Lisa type effect' ....
I think the Oly 60 outshines the legendary 75 here :blush:

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Carl, Your studio work with the 60mm is really good, as are the 75mm shots.

For my portrait work I go straight from the 45mm to the 75mm and bypass the 60mm, gee, I use it as a outside macro lens :rolleyes: Who knew, but that will change.

See that you have sold both the 45 and 75mm, are you just staying with the 60mm for your studio work?

Jim

spatulaboy

I'm not really here
Real Name
Vin
These are all fantastic, great studio work. My only gripe... it looks like she's opening her eyes a bit too much (on purpose?). Every shot has that surprised wide-eyed look, which looks a bit unnatural. But that's just some opinion of some guy on the internet though (me). :tongue:

CarlG

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Carl
Carl, Your studio work with the 60mm is really good, as are the 75mm shots.

For my portrait work I go straight from the 45mm to the 75mm and bypass the 60mm, gee, I use it as a outside macro lens :rolleyes: Who knew, but that will change.

See that you have sold both the 45 and 75mm, are you just staying with the 60mm for your studio work?

Jim
Jim,

Thanks!! I sold the 75 only because I could not afford to keep it right now. I'm a VERY part time shooter and don't do this for a living.

The 60 macro (120mm effective), for me, doubles as a macro and studio portrait lens. I come from the Canon world where I used the 100mm macro as a studio lens, too. A long macro lens for portrait work is great because it allows me to get as close to my subject as I need and not have to worry too much about limiting minimum focusing distances of other longer "portrait" lenses.

I'll stay with the 60 macro for now for studio work. Eventually I'll get another 75 when I can justify it for as little (studio) shooting as I do. The versatility of the 60 macro is great.

Carl

CarlG

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Carl
These are all fantastic, great studio work. My only gripe... it looks like she's opening her eyes a bit too much (on purpose?). Every shot has that surprised wide-eyed look, which looks a bit unnatural. But that's just some opinion of some guy on the internet though (me). :tongue:
I hear you!! But, that's her natural look. There were no "open those eyes" instructions when I shot these. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom