1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oly 45mm on Panasonic G3

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by runner girl, May 13, 2013.

1. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I have now sent my Oly 45mm lens back twice for repair. Often the lens "does not come back" from the camera sleep mode - there is either a message that the lens is not attached or simply a black screen. To solve the issue, I have to remove and re-seat the lens. The people at Olympus service say that this should be expected using an Olympus lens on a Panasonic body - of course, the supervisor rep says that he has never encountered this even though it is not "uncommon". Firmware is up to date and I have no trouble with other lenses on this camera and have also had the issue with the same lens on my OMD. I think this is a "lemon" lens and a preposterous explanation. I'll be calling the on-shore service people tomorrow... Has anyone else had an issue like this with this lens?

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    That's BS. If all your other lens work properly, the fault is with the 45. I had that combo once and never had a problem.

3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Yeah, Olympus needs to replace the lens.

4. shockwave

shockwave New to Mu-43

May 7, 2013
    I have a G3 too and have never had a problem with this lens.

5. cdmicha

cdmicha Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    Arkansas
    Chris
    Same, I have both the G3 and the 45, and I've used them plenty of times without issue. Oly should be replacing the thing.

6. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Same here, I've used this combo quite a bit over the two months I've had the lens, and never seen that particular problem. My only gripe had been sometimes the autofocus has not been very accurate, but I've not noticed till it was too late that the subject was a bit oof.

Rob

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

7. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I did reach their on-shore customer service today. After a bit of prodding I am to return the lens to a real person there and they will send anther as soon as they receive my lens.