1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oly 45mm 1.8 3rd Party Metal Hood.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by ice_man, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
  2. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Haven't used that one, but using this one with no issues. Also metal and costs 5 times less then the one on eBay. Picked up 46mm caps as well (2 for $5) which fits perfectly in that hood, so a hood and a front cap combo under $14 (and you get an extra cap). Just another suggestion...

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    It looks cool and would love to have a metal option. But... it looks like a bit of work to get mounted, with the required filter ring, etc. I think it would be cool if they could mount directly to the bayonet mount.

4. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Ordered this. The workmanship seems pretty good as I saw they are also making hoods for canon and nikon.

Tapatalk.

5. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Finally got my 45mm lenshood.

yvune3ab.

ruqe5uty.

6. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Looks sweet.

7. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Also received mine this week - I already had a filter on my 45mm so took all of 10 seconds to mount. I think the reason for having to use the filter is to make the adaptor ring big enough to so that you can store the hood reversed over the lens.

Packing and workmanship are excellent considering they cost less than the original and it is easier to store. I particularly like the small groves machined inside the hood to try and reduce the potential for reflections -I think it shows a great attention to detail, yes I could have bought a cheaper hood but I am more than happy with the Lim.

Just wish he did a few more for m4/3 lenses.

8. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    I totally agree with you. The workmanship and attention to detail is pretty good.

Although one thing I would do is either offer one all in silver/aluminum(raw) or all black.

And a faster shipping option wouldn't hurt either.

I'm planning on painting mine all black.

Tapatalk.

9. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Not sure if I would change it because, like yourself, I have a black EM5 and it seems to link the silver 45 lens to the black body.

10. Mytola

Mytola Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Have you got any pictures of this one mounted on the 45mm? The one in the OP looks nice as well, but I'm not going to put a UV-filter in front of my lens, which seems to be a must in order to get that one to fit properly.

11. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Just the record you don't need the filter for the Lim hood just the outer ring to space the first part past the end of the lens so you can reverse the hood

12. Mytola

Mytola Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Sure? It says so very specifically in the ebay listing that a filter is required for the hood to fit at all.

13. apbtlvr

apbtlvr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    NoVa
    Rick
    Ditto
    For the money, you can't beat it. Mine stays on 100% of the time and enables full use of filters. Replacement lens caps are a must too, as the OEM version is crap.

14. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Yes I have tried it with and without glass - it just uses the outer ring as a spacer

15. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    $48 for a Mu43 hood??? Way too expensive. I suspect that it could be created with any appropriate step-up ring and a threaded hood that fits the larger thread on the step-up.