1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Oly 45/1.8 and Panny 20/1.7

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MrDoug, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have decided to buy PL25 and need to sell to justify the purchase.. both the 45/1.8 and 20/1.7 are awesome.. both lenses are in Pristine condition.. both were purchased in Sept and Oct 2011.. hardly ever used.. I have receipts, boxes etc.. absolutely perfect.. I need $360 for Oly 45/1.8 and $285 for Panny 20/1.7 or $600 for both... you pay shipping.... no paypal ...certified check or money order .. If interested let me know.. all PM's welcome.. I have also listed them on Craig's list.. FYI..
    Thanks,
    Doug :smile:

2. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Sep 27, 2011
    Great decision Doug....though I fear you'll want that 45/1.8 back soon after. Not to replace, but really complement the stellar 25.

Best of luck with the sale. I'd certainly be interested but the tyranny of distance (living in Australia) puts me out of the running for the 45mm.

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    By the way I've shipped couple of lenses to Australia and it was about $30 for EMS (USPS Express) and was delivered within a week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Well.. I could ship to you but I don't know how to do it.. if you are interested let me know how we could do it.. if you send me money and I ship it to you via UPS etc.. what would be the problems.. I really have no idea.. but I don't know.. it can't be that difficult can it?
    Thanks,
    Doug

5. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Very tempting offer. I'd love to get the 45mm. I will PM you.

6. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Nov 18, 2011
    If you guys don't mind me jumping in here...shipping internationally is very easy. Most important, USE THE POST OFFICE!! :)
    UPS is more expensive, and charges the recipient a brokerage fee for going through customs. USPS packages don't have that issue. I have a business that sells motorcycle parts and ship internationally all the time, I set up an account and do it all on-line. If it's a one-time thing for you though it's best to just take the box down to the post office and do it there. There will be a customs form to fill out and it goes in a special clear window document holder that gets stuck on the package.
    My usual box is 3 lbs or so and runs $35-40 to Australia. A lens would probably be $25-30. Typically 7-10 days, but some seem to get hung up in customs and it can be as much as 5 weeks.
    HTH

7. stton310

stton310 New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Dec 11, 2011
    Sent PM!

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    THIS IS CRITICAL!!!

I just tried to ship a $50 item to Canada via UPS (because the quoted rate was cheaper than USPS by about $5), but when it got to Canada, UPS wanted the buyer to pay an additional $34!!! The buyer refused, and UPS wanted to charge me $25 to ship it back (after spending $18 to ship it out).

The item was abandonded in Canada. Someone in Calgary has a nice little Olympus viewfinder. DON'T SHIP UPS INTERNATIONAL!!! Unless you have some kind of "in" that I am unaware of.

9. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks for all the input and advice.. much appreciated.. !
    Doug

10. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    I'll second that! I live in Canada and I avoid buying anything coming from the US that has to be shipped by UPS.

USPS is a great and affordable option.

11. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Sep 27, 2011
    Whoops sorry Mr Doug, I appear to have ruined your sale thread....albeit at least it got some free bumps. Ummmm...best of luck with the sale. :blush:

Oh yeah, I have received many packages from the US to Australia with photo goodies in them over the years and have always used USPS. Never an issue when sent Priority and above.

12. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Another plus for USPS to Australia. Use 1st class airmail and insurance. Cost is probably not much cheaper to send but far more reliable. Takes about a week, a bit more around xmas but far more likely to get your goods. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.