Oly 40-150

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by swampduck, Apr 2, 2013.

1. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    I am anxiously awaiting the shipment of my 40-150. I searched high and low for the best price. Everywhere I looked it was $160-$200. I realize now there is a new iteration of the lens, but not when I started looking. Anyhow, I managed to find one of all places....wait for it.....QVC! I had to do a lot of research because they had no Oly model number and the picture was actually of the 14-150. Anyway, after doing the research I was able to ascertain it was the original model. And for anyone looking for it, it was only $99. Tracking shows it being delivered sometime today...work day please end.

2. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Rob
    That is a nice lens and you got for a very good price. Congrats! :smile:

3. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    Quick update on this lens. It arrived yesterday and upon further inspection it turns out to actually be the "R" version of this lens. If I am not mistaken this is the newer version of this lens?

4. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Looks like it might be the new version. Amazon lists the available on amazon date for the R version to be February 4, 2013. Can you confirm that this is the micro four thirds lens and not the four thirds olympus 40-150mm? This is a great deal and I'm looking to pick one up as well.

5. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Also, QVC has the 17mm Olympus lens listed for $299.99. The picture is of the f1.8 lens, but the description states f2.8. Anyone willing to take a gamble and see which one it is?

6. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    It is the m4/3 lens. I have it mounted on my E-PL1 and it works...focus is so quiet I can't tell until everything snaps into focus. I am at work, but I will post a picture of it when I get home this evening.

7. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    I am not in the market for that lens. But if I had to guess, the description for the 40-150 was spot on, but the picture was wrong.

8. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    One more side note...the picture shows the lens in black and their is no option to choose the other color. The lens delivered was Silver though. I know some folks like the whole color coordination, but for me the only color I saw was green, in the form of more of it in my pocket still.

9. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I assumed it was from your original post but wanted to make sure because I am getting it shipped to me in Afghanistan.

10. kitch

kitch New to Mu-43

Mar 23, 2013
    Very tempting. I've kind of been hoping that someplace legit like BH or Amazon might do a run on this lens at $99 so we can get it with free shipping and no ridiculous handling charges. 99 turns into 115 at QVC

11. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

So $15 is the deal breaker?

Even at that price, it's a no-brainer of a lens. Very light, good IQ, fast AF, nice focal range. What more could you want, besides $15 cheaper? :) 

12. pixelvandal

pixelvandal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    Gold Coast - Australia
    Pav
    Wish someone would ship them at this price to Australia..... They are still full price everywhere I've looked here.

13. Blake10

Blake10 New to Mu-43

Mar 28, 2013
    Michigan
    I just got this lens today too. I was disappointed it came in silver and not black. Still trying to decide if I should send it back. But for a 113.00 thinking I may keep it. I see now it says its on a waiting list. Not very much to shoot around here. Maybe a trip is in order.

14. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    I paid $170 for mine and couldn't be happier. Tack sharp from 40 to 70mm, very sharp from 70 to 100 and quite good from 100 to 150. I use aperture priority and shoot at f8 or f11 and have no complaints. Any bad shots are my fault, not the lens'.

Light as a feather and quite quick to focus. It is an amazing value.

P.

15. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Dan
    What!?!?! You are blaming the carpenter not the hammer??? That is absurd:tup:

16. HeatherWB

HeatherWB Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    N. Central Florida
    Heather
    Despite the waitlist, I went on ahead and ordered one. So what if it's a silver lens on a black camera? For $99, you can't beat it with a stick! :biggrin:

17. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I also bought it, and I went to see the status of it and look what it says! :D 
    Status
    IN PROCESS: 04/05/2013
    Best Standard Delivery

EDD*:04/16/2013

Your EDD is your Estimated Delivery Date.

I hope it's the silver version. :D 

18. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    Just checked my status and I'm still on the waitlist. :( 
    I was really hoping it'll be here before I leave my vacation but I don't think it's going to happen.

19. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    When did you order it? I ordered it on the 3rd.

20. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    I ordered it at 7pm on the 3rd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.