1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Oly 40-150

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by swampduck, Apr 2, 2013.

1. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    I am anxiously awaiting the shipment of my 40-150. I searched high and low for the best price. Everywhere I looked it was $160-$200. I realize now there is a new iteration of the lens, but not when I started looking. Anyhow, I managed to find one of all places....wait for it.....QVC! I had to do a lot of research because they had no Oly model number and the picture was actually of the 14-150. Anyway, after doing the research I was able to ascertain it was the original model. And for anyone looking for it, it was only $99. Tracking shows it being delivered sometime today...work day please end.

2. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Rob
    That is a nice lens and you got for a very good price. Congrats! :smile:

3. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Quick update on this lens. It arrived yesterday and upon further inspection it turns out to actually be the "R" version of this lens. If I am not mistaken this is the newer version of this lens?

4. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Looks like it might be the new version. Amazon lists the available on amazon date for the R version to be February 4, 2013. Can you confirm that this is the micro four thirds lens and not the four thirds olympus 40-150mm? This is a great deal and I'm looking to pick one up as well.

5. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Also, QVC has the 17mm Olympus lens listed for $299.99. The picture is of the f1.8 lens, but the description states f2.8. Anyone willing to take a gamble and see which one it is?

6. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    It is the m4/3 lens. I have it mounted on my E-PL1 and it works...focus is so quiet I can't tell until everything snaps into focus. I am at work, but I will post a picture of it when I get home this evening.

7. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    I am not in the market for that lens. But if I had to guess, the description for the 40-150 was spot on, but the picture was wrong.

8. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    One more side note...the picture shows the lens in black and their is no option to choose the other color. The lens delivered was Silver though. I know some folks like the whole color coordination, but for me the only color I saw was green, in the form of more of it in my pocket still.

9. medavid2

medavid2 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I assumed it was from your original post but wanted to make sure because I am getting it shipped to me in Afghanistan.

10. kitch

kitch New to Mu-43

Mar 23, 2013
    Very tempting. I've kind of been hoping that someplace legit like BH or Amazon might do a run on this lens at $99 so we can get it with free shipping and no ridiculous handling charges. 99 turns into 115 at QVC

11. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

So $15 is the deal breaker?

Even at that price, it's a no-brainer of a lens. Very light, good IQ, fast AF, nice focal range. What more could you want, besides $15 cheaper? :)

12. pixelvandal

pixelvandal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    Gold Coast - Australia
    Pavel
    Wish someone would ship them at this price to Australia..... They are still full price everywhere I've looked here.

13. Blake10

Blake10 New to Mu-43

Mar 28, 2013
    Michigan
    I just got this lens today too. I was disappointed it came in silver and not black. Still trying to decide if I should send it back. But for a 113.00 thinking I may keep it. I see now it says its on a waiting list. Not very much to shoot around here. Maybe a trip is in order.

14. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    I paid $170 for mine and couldn't be happier. Tack sharp from 40 to 70mm, very sharp from 70 to 100 and quite good from 100 to 150. I use aperture priority and shoot at f8 or f11 and have no complaints. Any bad shots are my fault, not the lens'.

Light as a feather and quite quick to focus. It is an amazing value.

P.

15. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    What!?!?! You are blaming the carpenter not the hammer??? That is absurd:tup:

16. HeatherWB

HeatherWB Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    N. Central Florida
    Heather
    Despite the waitlist, I went on ahead and ordered one. So what if it's a silver lens on a black camera? For $99, you can't beat it with a stick! :biggrin:

17. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I also bought it, and I went to see the status of it and look what it says! :D
    Status
    IN PROCESS: 04/05/2013
    Best Standard Delivery

EDD*:04/16/2013

Your EDD is your Estimated Delivery Date.

I hope it's the silver version. :D

18. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    Just checked my status and I'm still on the waitlist. :(
    I was really hoping it'll be here before I leave my vacation but I don't think it's going to happen.

19. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    When did you order it? I ordered it on the 3rd.

20. Salt Peanuts

Salt Peanuts Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Haj
    I ordered it at 7pm on the 3rd.