1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Oly 25mm not focusing

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by 5370H55V, May 16, 2018.

1. 5370H55V

5370H55V New to Mu-43

May 1, 2018
    My 2 week old 25mm f1.8 lens from the Olympus refurb outlet sometimes refuses to auto focus on the subject, even in brightly lit, high contrast situations with S-AF. It would just hunt for the focus for 1-2 seconds before settling on the closest focal length or out to infinity. Removing and reattaching the lens seems to fix the issue until I turn the camera (an em10ii) off, but the issue always comes back after its turned on again. I'm guessing its an issue with the 25mm itself, as this doesn't happen at all with the 14-42 EZ, 17mm f1.8, or 35-100mm f4-5.6 lenses I have.

Is this a common issue with the 25mm (or with lenses in general)? Is there an easy fix for it? Or could it be a camera/user error?
    I was thinking of sending it back for servicing, but since I don't have a second body to test the lens with, I'm not sure how reproducible the problem is.

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Try cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera body with a clean cloth and a drop of rubbing alcohol (vodka also works well). If that doesn't work, send the lens back.

3. BleedingGumsMurphy

BleedingGumsMurphy Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2017
    Thailand
    Send it back if the above doesn't work. My poor copy of this lens focused almost instantly in the day, so that is what you should expect and demand, especially on an Olympus body. It was fairly sluggish and indescisive at night on my G7, but still acceptable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.