Oly 17mm - Panny 20mm. A question for owners of both.

Jonas B

The question was the sharpness of the lens, not the FOV or DOF so that's why I cropped and scaled to the same size
And it was nicely done, you couldn't move the camera without changing the perspective.

I agree that if I had no lens, I would seriously consider the extra $100 on the 20mm lens. But if I had a lens already, (given hind sight) I wouldn't pay the extra $350 to get a second lens.

(...)

This wasn't meant to be an end all be all test. It was just a quick snap of the same image with both lens. I know I kind of wanted to know that when I bought the lens. (...) Sometimes the lessons I learn can be ... expensive.
Thank you, I understand your intention better now. I also agree on what you are saying about the actually minor differences between the lenses. That's why I mentioned the choice is down to speed, mainly. If johnny9fingers is happy with the speed of the Olympus 17mm lens there is no reason to contemplate buying the Panasonic 20mm.

regards,

Jonas

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom