OLY 14-150mm mFT

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Will the Oly 14-150 lens be compatible with Pana GF1?
Yes its a m4/3 lens so its compatible with all m4/3 cameras.

The thing I like about it is the weight. Its substantially lighter than the Panasonic 14-140. It promises to be a serious bit of lens engineering to get that zoom range into something so small and light. The 9-18 looks interesting too. 155g !!!

johnny9fingers

Mu-43 Veteran
I enjoy shooting with my Oly 17mm, traditional 35mm is the focal length that works for me, and it is a fine lens. But there are times when I would like more reach and zooming with my feet isn't practical. So I await the release of the 14-150 with great anticipation and will get one asap. I see B&H has them listed for $599.99 with an estimated arrival date of April.
John

C

ccmsosse

I enjoy shooting with my Oly 17mm, traditional 35mm is the focal length that works for me, and it is a fine lens. But there are times when I would like more reach and zooming with my feet isn't practical. So I await the release of the 14-150 with great anticipation and will get one asap. I see B&H has them listed for $599.99 with an estimated arrival date of April.
John
The Lumix Lens 14-140 has lens based stabilization system (if one has the GF1) and is especially designed for Video with a silent AF motor - I must confess, I own the lens but have not yet tried it for Video - I got the Photo-bug so am currently not videoing much at all....

johnny9fingers

Mu-43 Veteran
The Lumix Lens 14-140 has lens based stabilization system (if one has the GF1) and is especially designed for Video with a silent AF motor - I must confess, I own the lens but have not yet tried it for Video - I got the Photo-bug so am currently not videoing much at all....
If video was critical for me this would be a lens i'd consider, but I only shoot video occassionally and have IBS with my E-P2. And the cost savings would allow getting an OM adapter and a couple SD cards....

All in all, the beauty of the u4/3s system is all the options we have now, and the ever expanding options comming soon...... I am a happy camper.....

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
I wonder if the Oly version will be sharper. Seems to be some critics that the Panny version is soft. Some have even opted for the Pan-Leica regular 43 as a replacement(over on dpreview).

coreyb

Mu-43 Rookie
coming from the dslr world, i've always hated super-zooms because they often suffer from poor IQ... i'm shooting my epl1 with the kit lens (for now) and purchasing the lumix 20mm within the next week or so, but am considering selling the kit lens and picking up this 14-150 if the image results are favorable... i was pondering keeping my canon 70-300 (w/adapter) for telephoto but would much rather have the more normal tele focal reach of 300mm than the 600mm i would obtain with the canon...

long story short, here's to hoping the 14-150 is a killer and is tack sharp throughout the entire focal range... am i setting my expectations too high? possibly...

Sanpaku

Mu-43 Regular
With "Tatsuno quality", which perhaps means "fingerlicking good". (Er, no: Tatsuno is a surname.)
Actually, Tatsuno is a mountain valley town where Olympus produces its Japan made lenses. You can see the blue rooftop of their facility in Google Maps/Earth/Streetview:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zuiko, on the other hand, is a Japanese word that means "light of the gods."

RobertinArabia

Mu-43 Regular
I have just received my 14-150 for my EPL-1. I have compared it to the 14-14 on my Panasonic GF-2. The Olympus is very sharp and resists flare much better than the Panasonic kit lens. Many of my outdoor shots with the Panasonic are disqualified for sale at Alamy by flare. Inside, the Panasonic is quite good, but you still have to be careful. I am going to keep my fisheye lens on the Panasonic and the 14-150 on my Olympus.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom