OLY 14-150mm mFT

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Djarum, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Yessir, we dwell in exciting times...

3. ptomsu

ptomsu New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    will get one as well!

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The 9-18 looks nice also...hmmmmm

5. hohoho

hohoho Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Tokyo
    Here it is. With "Tatsuno quality", which perhaps means "fingerlicking good". (Er, no: Tatsuno is a surname.)

6. shrisri

shrisri New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Will the Oly 14-150 lens be compatible with Pana GF1?

7. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Yes its a m4/3 lens so its compatible with all m4/3 cameras.

The thing I like about it is the weight. Its substantially lighter than the Panasonic 14-140. It promises to be a serious bit of lens engineering to get that zoom range into something so small and light. The 9-18 looks interesting too. 155g !!!

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    should have no lens IS

9. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

I enjoy shooting with my Oly 17mm, traditional 35mm is the focal length that works for me, and it is a fine lens. But there are times when I would like more reach and zooming with my feet isn't practical. So I await the release of the 14-150 with great anticipation and will get one asap. I see B&H has them listed for $599.99 with an estimated arrival date of April.
    John

10. ccmsosse

ccmsosse Guest

The Lumix Lens 14-140 has lens based stabilization system (if one has the GF1) and is especially designed for Video with a silent AF motor - I must confess, I own the lens but have not yet tried it for Video - I got the Photo-bug so am currently not videoing much at all....

11. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

If video was critical for me this would be a lens i'd consider, but I only shoot video occassionally and have IBS with my E-P2. And the cost savings would allow getting an OM adapter and a couple SD cards....

All in all, the beauty of the u4/3s system is all the options we have now, and the ever expanding options comming soon...... I am a happy camper.....

• Like Like x 2
  12. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I wonder if the Oly version will be sharper. Seems to be some critics that the Panny version is soft. Some have even opted for the Pan-Leica regular 43 as a replacement(over on dpreview).

13. coreyb

coreyb Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2010
    cambridge
    coming from the dslr world, i've always hated super-zooms because they often suffer from poor IQ... i'm shooting my epl1 with the kit lens (for now) and purchasing the lumix 20mm within the next week or so, but am considering selling the kit lens and picking up this 14-150 if the image results are favorable... i was pondering keeping my canon 70-300 (w/adapter) for telephoto but would much rather have the more normal tele focal reach of 300mm than the 600mm i would obtain with the canon...

long story short, here's to hoping the 14-150 is a killer and is tack sharp throughout the entire focal range... am i setting my expectations too high? possibly...

14. I've got a pre-order on it, in the hopes that it will perform on par with the Lumix 14-140, while being much smaller and lighter. I'm hoping for the best.

15. Sanpaku

Sanpaku Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  16. RobertinArabia

RobertinArabia Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2012
    I have just received my 14-150 for my EPL-1. I have compared it to the 14-14 on my Panasonic GF-2. The Olympus is very sharp and resists flare much better than the Panasonic kit lens. Many of my outdoor shots with the Panasonic are disqualified for sale at Alamy by flare. Inside, the Panasonic is quite good, but you still have to be careful. I am going to keep my fisheye lens on the Panasonic and the 14-150 on my Olympus.