oly 14-150mm 4.0-5.6 dead?

randyspan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Randy Spann
All of a sudden my Oly 14-150 4.0-5.6 won't work, just shows black in the finder. And it's only 5 weeks since I bought it! I will have warrantee nightmare! ( I cleaned the contacts with an eraser )...anything else I can try? Other lenses work just fine.

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It might not be fully seated when you attached it. My 45mm has often behaved like this. Remount the lens and wiggle it. It's got to click into place.

randyspan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Randy Spann
...well long story... called olympus to check on the lens I sent in for warrantee, they say they can find nothing wrong with the lens. But they would "escalate" the case#. I using it on a M10, but I have no other olympus lenses to check the camera is not the problem. All my other lenses are adapted (Canon FD) and a 9mm BCL (no electronics). I have no immediate plans to purchase an olympus lens, and there are no camera stores locally that sell olympus. So I'm kind of hosed!

MadMarco

Mu-43 Veteran
I've just purchased an OMD E-M10 to replace my trusty E-PL2 and I'm using my Olympus 14-150 lens alongside the 14-42 EZ lens.

So far no problems with either lens, AF performance is similar and no problems with a blank viewfinder. All lenses and the camera have been checked and updated with the Olympus software. It's early days with the E-M10 but the 14-150 must be 3-4 years old and it's never missed a beat.

I hope you get your issue resolved, it's a great do-anything lens for packing light.

Marco

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
...well long story... called olympus to check on the lens I sent in for warrantee, they say they can find nothing wrong with the lens. But they would "escalate" the case#. I using it on a M10, but I have no other olympus lenses to check the camera is not the problem. All my other lenses are adapted (Canon FD) and a 9mm BCL (no electronics). I have no immediate plans to purchase an olympus lens, and there are no camera stores locally that sell olympus. So I'm kind of hosed!
Most of these issues happen because someone has not fully seated the lens in place, but it could be the electronics in the camera.For $20 shipping, your EM10 can also go to Olympus and it's still under warranty?

randyspan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Randy Spann
- Sent it in 4 times... Still would not work. Finally got in touch with someone at Olympus that said "enough!" and replaced the lens. The new one works perfectly.

janneman

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jan (John) Kusters
It sounds like it took time, but it's nice to see things solved this way.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom