OLY 14-150

MexicoMik

Mu-43 Regular
I tried to do a search about this lens and when I entered "14-150" the search returned nothing found.

Can someone point me to some forum discussion about this lens? I'm interested in a wide range zoom for general use with my EP3 (I have the 12 and 45 plus the kit 14-42) but I don't find the 14-42 to be of much use and I think the 14-150 would make a much better "knock-around" lens. I've read some on-line reviews but I'd like to hear from folks here who have used it.

Thanks for any info.

lowincash

Mu-43 Regular
Right now it's $100 off so it's $499, I think it's a really good deal. I think the sale is up till April 21st. I might pick one up hmm

Mu-43 Veteran
I bought one for a trip to Australia to use with my GF1. Recently sold it and got a PL45 which I've been much happier with.

Pros:
- It's SMALL for a superzoom - traveled well, made it so I didn't have to swap lenses often
- Decent IQ
- Um, it's small... did I say that?
- It's really good for documentary photography - sharp, clean images

Cons:
- Slow
- Decent IQ, but not great compared to my 7-14mm and primes
- Didn't like the colors when paired with my GF1 - had to do a LOT of PP on each keeper
- CA issues, correctable in LR (probably also a non-issue on an Oly body
- Not great for creative photography IMO - bokeh and character are meh.
- No IS, but also a non-issue on an Oly body

I made you a best-of album that you can look through. Note, none of these images are SOOC, they've all been modified in Lightroom (mostly to alter the colors, recrop, etc), but they all come from the GF1/14-150 combo:
Best of 14-150 Superzoom Google+ Album

here are a few highlights from the album:

View attachment 198797

View attachment 198798

View attachment 198799

HTH

MexicoMik

Mu-43 Regular
Again, thanks to all for info/links/pics. I ordered the lens from BH a few minutes ago - it will be waiting for me in MD when I fly there from Mexico in two weeks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom