Oly 12-50mm, compared to Oly 12, PL25, and PL45

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by CarlB, Aug 19, 2012.

1. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Some side-by side shot comparisons. I already posted in a separate thread, but if anyone is looking for such, it would be easier to find as a dedicated thread.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to lenses or (lack of) consistency for the comparisons. :wink:

Oly 12-50mm vs. Primes - a set on Flickr

Oh, for anyone wanting to try such a comparison, it appears you want to line-up the front of the glass distance to subject as the same for comparing two lenses. Here, at first I tried lining up the sensor distances. Empirically, that doesn't seem to work. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Thanks, real world tests are always interesting. Seems like the 12-50 is ok but definitely has less detail especially outside of centre. Not too bad though when you consider this is comparing a $300 lens vs over $1500 worth of lenses. Still on the fence if I want to replace my 14-45 with the 12-50, mainly interested in the weather proofing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.