1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oly 12-40 reconditioned back on at Olympus!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by thearne3, Sep 16, 2014.

1. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    :smile: Got mine!

2. Clicka

Clicka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Vancouver
    Peter Campbell
  3. toyanucci

toyanucci Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    Thanks, I'm waiting on the 75! Wish it was in stock too.

4. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    It's still available after a whole hour! In the past this deal always became out of stock in minutes. Is everyone saving money for the new 40-150mm?

5. Roast

Roast Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2014
    Calgary
    Just picked one up and am super excited! Will be posting my Oly 25 1.8 shortly:)

6. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    i just got one too... does anyone know if there are any coupons at the moment. my total after tax came out to $690 (not that great of a deal)

whats the lowest its been after discounts etc?

thanks.

7. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    also, do you know if this comes in retail box? (and what about the lens hood?)

8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    No coupons now. I think a few lucky people might have gotten 20% off in the spring. I had one in my cart, but hemmed and hawed a few minutes looking at other lenses and it was gone from my cart when I tried to check out back in Apr-May or so. Last few coupons that have been out were during times the 12-40 was conveniently out of stock. Olympus probably got wise to it and knew they could get more. Used ones are still selling for $760-800 on ebay, so it's a decent deal...maybe not a steal. New is $900 w/ $100 off currently....if it's anything like the last refurb lens I got, it should be like new...not bad really.

I did order one this time, since they don't stay in stock long and I'm tired of waiting. I really can't afford it, but I need to sell a few others anyway. This will light a fire under my feet. I've been fairly satisfied w/ the 12-50, but gotta see what all the hype is about.

9. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    I think a couple people on the forum were able to get one with 20% off. But the stock is usually gone in minutes.

10. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    It comes with the hood but in a refurbished box.

11. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    They usually come in a refurb box. I'd assume lens hood is included. Will know in a few days!

12. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    thanks for the replies everyone, i guess its a good deal. and its a little comforting to know that there are no coupons at the moment.

time to sell some gear

13. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    There was a 20% coupon in May and I was able to get one with 15% off about 3 weeks ago. It seems like the 12-40mm is appearing pretty frequently unlike the 60mm and 75mm. The refurb comes with the hood and a lens bag.

14. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Shipped and scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Time to sell the Panny 12-35mm.

15. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    "OUT OF STOCK" . . . again. :frown:

That'll teach me to go to work . . .

16. hopescooter

hopescooter Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2014
    SLC, Utah
    It's back on stock, it showed tax estimate of $43, but at the final confirmation step, it says "Tax service is not available now" and looks like it didn't charge any tax on it.

Edit: nm, it did charge the tax.

17. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow, can't believe it's still available. I guess this lens suddenly fell out of favor since the LX100 announcement.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    It might have been a cancelled order or something that popped it back in stock. It's not in stock. I don't think the LX100 has anything to do with it.

19. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    :confused:
    Well, as of this moment (September 17, 15:32 EDT) it's back in stock again.
    Olympus' inventory control system is . . . interesting.
    I did manage to order one earlier today, thanks to a heads up from mu-43 member 'kwalsh' -- thanks again!
    And though the LX100 seems a fine camera, I too see no connection between it the 12-40 lens.

20. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I think despite having a yellow button it was out of stock minutes after you got yours and PM'd me a thank you (I checked out of curiosity). Their website has a nice "feature" of leaving the yellow add to cart button active but when you click it you get an error message telling you it is out of stock. You know, just to get your hopes up and then squash them. Voice of experience here!

Oh, and you are welcome - always happy to enable GAS ;)