Oldest adapted lens on MFT?

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi,

What I really find fascinating about the MFT system is that it is possible to combine lenses from the past with modern technology. So, I was thinking: What might be the oldest adapted lens out there that is used on a MFT camera? My oldest will probably be the early uncoated version of the Cooke Kinic 25/1.5. Unfortunately, I haven;t found out how old it is exactly but I would assume from the 1930s or late 1920s. I'll add a picture as soon as I can, maybe somebody knows. Which old lenses are you using? Of course, it would be great to see pictures as well....

Stefan

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The late 20s? Thats cool! Looking forward to see some pictures!

My oldest lens on :43: is not very old, just a OM 50mm 1.4 from the 70s..

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bill, I imagine that you must refrain from collapsing
the lens while mounted on the G1......
you are dead right Obi Wan (I'll find out your name one day - but don't tell me)

- IF I use it - (and the picture quality is not that great - it's not supposed to be coated - but it looks coated - and I think Leica did quite a few factory mods for owners and may have had some kind of service), - I stick a roll of cardboard around the barrel with a couple of elastic band - I'll take a shot or two and post to so you can all see what you are missing

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
looks easier to lift than my 300.....:biggrin:
If it's a problem I'll swop you

quick photo with the 1933 lens - I gave it a chance - it's on a tripod f something between 4.5 and 6.3

Indoor - natural light - but not much of it

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom