1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Older Konica Hexanon Lens Cleaning Service???

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by qball, Sep 11, 2010.

1. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Can anyone recommend a service in the US to disassemble, clean, and lube a Hexanon 57/1.2? In traveling a couple of black specks turned up inside and are visible. I think more distracting then dust.

Due to the cost/rarity of the lens, I think it might be worth having the lens professionally serviced and cleaned internally.

Thanks,

Q

2. geoffox23

geoffox23 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 5, 2010
    Brisbane. Australia
  3. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Thanks!

4. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I kow this is no use to you, but for any UK based users I have used the 'lens doctor' Eddie Houston, based in cumbernauld, scotland.
    I had a Konica 57mm 1.4 with a oily sticky diaphram, sent to Eddie, he stripped it, cleaned all the elements, took all the old grease out, cleaned the diaphram, reassembled and regreased and test charts. Super job 4 day turnaround and £35 + £2.75 return postage.
    Its now like a new lens and lovely contrast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.