1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Old Pier

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Joltinjess, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Joltinjess

Joltinjess Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Port Moody, BC
    Jesse
    I couldn't use a tripod for this shot so it's not as crisp as I would like. Any CC appreciated. Barnet_Beach_BW_small.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Nice composition. Could do with some lightening IMHO. Since you have 'Image ecditing OK', I had a tweak. What do you think?

8476503251_a29bff6dfe_b.

• Like Like x 1
  3. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I prefer the darker, moodier feel of the original rather than the starker presentation of the edited version which I think goes too far. I think Paul is right about the image being able to benefit from some lightening, but I think it needs only a little, concentrated more in the darker tones, with the highlights touched as little as possible to retain the mood.

I did a quick curves adjustment to the darker tones only in LR to get the following result:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. 67DGS

67DGS Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I also think that it would be better with just a bit of lightening. I think that you did very well on this pic, I have taken quite a number of pics of this same pier and none came out as good as yours.

Cheers:
    Jack

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Perhaps a bit of lightening, but not too much. Interesting shot. :cool:

6. Papadoc

Papadoc Mu-43 Regular

Jul 12, 2012
    Perhaps graduating the lightening from the periphery to the central portion. Great pic.