1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by drp, Dec 13, 2010.

1. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    I have been shooting four thirds for several years. E-510 then E-620. I found the 620 and the 14-54 cumbersome to carry around London earlier this year and decided to switch to either micro four thirds or Sony NEX. Tried them both in a camera store and left with the EPL1 and two lenses. The long zoom was on sale as part of the kit so I pulled out plastic. I am not a good photog by any means but I do have fun and learn something every time out. Mostly documenting travel for my own amusement and memory aid.

Nice to be here and I believe I will learn as much on this forum as I have on fourthirdsphoto.

David

• Like Like x 2
  2. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Welcome to m4/3,

I agree, the portability and innocuous form of the E-P(L)X's makes for a very useful little camera!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome David from the low countries !

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    But what happens when you feel the need to mount your 14-54 on your Pen?

Welcome.

5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    My guess is it will feel rather front heavy :biggrin:

Welcome David and good luck with your downsizing and the learning process.

Barrie

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

David, welcome to the lighter side and to these forums, too.:biggrin:

I have a feeling you'll find your way around here pretty quickly and will be looking forward to seeing your photos very soon.:wink:

7. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Welcome - your introduction to m43 sound similar to mine, except I moved from Canon.

8. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    Thanks for the welcomes. Nice to be here.

I'll probably sell the E-620 and the 14-54II to pay for the EPL1 before my wife gets too upset. Unless I have to "loan" it to my granddaughter who has pro aspirations and the education for it. But no dSLR to work with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.