Old newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by drp, Dec 13, 2010.

1. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    I have been shooting four thirds for several years. E-510 then E-620. I found the 620 and the 14-54 cumbersome to carry around London earlier this year and decided to switch to either micro four thirds or Sony NEX. Tried them both in a camera store and left with the EPL1 and two lenses. The long zoom was on sale as part of the kit so I pulled out plastic. I am not a good photog by any means but I do have fun and learn something every time out. Mostly documenting travel for my own amusement and memory aid.

Nice to be here and I believe I will learn as much on this forum as I have on fourthirdsphoto.

• Like Like x 2
  2. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Welcome to m4/3,

I agree, the portability and innocuous form of the E-P(L)X's makes for a very useful little camera!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome David from the low countries !
  4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    But what happens when you feel the need to mount your 14-54 on your Pen?

5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    My guess is it will feel rather front heavy :biggrin:

Welcome David and good luck with your downsizing and the learning process.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

David, welcome to the lighter side and to these forums, too.:biggrin:

I have a feeling you'll find your way around here pretty quickly and will be looking forward to seeing your photos very soon.:wink:
  7. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Welcome - your introduction to m43 sound similar to mine, except I moved from Canon.
  8. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    Thanks for the welcomes. Nice to be here.

I'll probably sell the E-620 and the 14-54II to pay for the EPL1 before my wife gets too upset. Unless I have to "loan" it to my granddaughter who has pro aspirations and the education for it. But no dSLR to work with.