Old habits

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Speedliner, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    I started driving just before the second oil crisis of the 70s. Where to get your next tank when many stations were out, long line, being limited to $5 (about 50 miles worth with those old cars lol). I'd start to worry when the fuel gauge would start getting too low. It was such a sense of relief when you could actually fill the tank. To this day I still get a brief pang when my fuel gauge dips below a 1/4 tank.

With photography I occasionally have to remind myself I can shoot and shoot and shoot and not worry about using up my film, or wasting money developing errant shots in the roll. What a difference that is from the days of film.

Funny how my kids will never have a sense for worrying about conserving film, or only having 7 TV channels, corded phones, or having to get off of the sofa to change a channel, or wait for a commercial to go to the bathroom. Living with heat and humidity without air conditioning...in school. :)  Of course, I don't know what it was like to collect your own eggs, or butcher your own chickens, life without 7-11 stores....

How many shots left on the roll? ...oh yeah.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.