1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Old Garage

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by G1 User, Dec 28, 2010.

1. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Mooresville, IN

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. MacBook

MacBook Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    South Carolina
    Quite effective shot. I like the contrast, tonal values, and the black spots where cars had been. It also merges the passive, older garage, with the obvious recent "activity" of cars having left. Happy New Year!

3. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Cool shot. I had a funny reaction due to the interesting differences in symmetry going on that my brain is struggling with, specifically the offset cleared patches compared to the garage doors. Cool!

I'd love to see the inside of that garage.

4. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    Hi all. Nice pic. Good to see sufficient detail recorded in all that snow. What's behind those doors, I wonder?
    I was driving past this the other week. Snatched a pic from car window in very flat light (north facing). This is pretty much straight from G1 with a little sharpening.
    Cheers
    Michael

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I really like the bare spots where the cars had been. This one is much less symmetrical - right across the alley from our condos...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5333270987/" title="Garage Door by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"1024" height="775" alt="Garage Door" /></a>

• Like Like x 1
  6. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    An afterthought...............the petrol pumps in my pic are in front of an ancient garage, as we used to call a petrol station/gas station etc in my distant youth!
    Cheers
    Michael

7. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

That old hanging light really makes the photo - nice shot