old Bomb shelter

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
EP2 4/3 9/18

This old shelter fell off of the cliffs due to erosion from the Sea, I found it a really strange sight sitting on the beach like this

Happisburgh, Norfolk UK

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I agree with Don - very, very nice shot.

Many, if not most, of the photographers of yesterday always made silver gelatin prints..for example Henri Cartier-Bresson's exhibit now at the MOMA in NYC is all silver gelatin prints. I believe this is what Don is talking about.

Here's a description I found just now online: Photography - Art Terms and Techniques Glossary - Bircham Gallery
Silver Gelatin Print
Silver gelatin prints typically give deep rich blacks and crisp whites on a high gloss paper. They have extremely good archival properties, lasting over 100 years without visible fading if kept carefully. There are three key types of black and white gelatin prints: silver bromide, silver chloride and chloro-bromide.
When you see one of these prints, you fall in love.:wink:

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks BBW

I may well print this one

I agree with Don - very, very nice shot.

Many, if not most, of the photographers of yesterday always made silver gelatin prints..for example Henri Cartier-Bresson's exhibit now at the MOMA in NYC is all silver gelatin prints. I believe this is what Don is talking about.

Here's a description I found just now online: Photography - Art Terms and Techniques Glossary - Bircham Gallery

When you see one of these prints, you fall in love.:wink:

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
is it possible this is a pillbox built in WW 2 against possible invasion by germany?
it being in the side of a cliff near the sea ,seems a curious location for a shelter.... reminds me of a documentary i one saw that described intense preparations against invasion

btw its a fantastic shot

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Very nice! Great contrast.

Silver print = tradition photographic print made via darkroom and enlarger.

But I am sure it would look as nice on a great digital print.

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Technical execution that develops mood enhancement. Beautifully backlit controlled exposure.

Bokeh Diem

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
The shelter was origionally on top of the cliff but coastal erosion has demolished many dwellings, this is a particular problem on the East Coast, this most certainly would have been there during WW2 to protect against bombings and invasion

is it possible this is a pillbox built in WW 2 against possible invasion by germany?
it being in the side of a cliff near the sea ,seems a curious location for a shelter.... reminds me of a documentary i one saw that described intense preparations against invasion

btw its a fantastic shot

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Phil,
By the response it should be obvious that ya done good.
So, with that in mind, I'm afraid we have to insist that you keep up the good work and post images on a regular basis of equal or better quality.
This also lends way to justify any new gear purchase you have in mind....
Thanks....shooter out

igi

Mu-43 Regular
Nice find and the photography well executed. The rocky structure didn't lose its strength in the photo. Thumbs up!

Saw your site as well, you're definitely skilled!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom