1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Okay, I'm Lazy and I'm Tired ... But ...

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by GaryAyala, Jun 12, 2012.

1. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I've just purchased my first Olympus µ4/3 camera ... and it has just occurred to me that:

My Panasonic, vis-a-vis camera software auto-corrected much of the bad stuff the Panasonic lenses produced (distortions, CA, et cetera).

Does Oly auto-correct, vis-a-vis camera software, any bad stuff stemming from their lenses?

Does Oly also auto-correct much of the bad stuff the Panasonic lenses produce?

Does Pany auto-correct for Oly lenses?

I do know that Silkypix and Adobe Camera RAW also auto-correct Panasonic RAW, does Aperture auto-correct also?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The two things that are corrected automatically by Panasonic are distortion and chromatic aberration.

Distortion auto-correction works the same with any body/lens manufacturer combination (Oly/Oly, Panny/Oly, Panny/Panny and Oly/Panny).

CA auto-correction only works with Panasonic lenses on Panasonic bodies. That said, if you use Adobe Camera RAW, the newest version can autocorrect CA on any lens.

DH

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Thanks DH ... I prefer Aperture to Adobe RAW.

G

4. An Olympus body will reveal some of the nastier traits of Panasonic lenses that you may not see as distinctly when shooting with a Panasonic body (I'm looking at you 20mm, 14-140mm).