Ok! What is your next Camera/Lens purchase?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MrDoug, Dec 19, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Cough up:smile:... what new Camera and/or Lens do you think about buying next when you go to bed at night? or anytime for that matter? I know you do think about it.. what would they be?:smile:

2. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    If sales go well then it's the PL45 for me, a worthy bed fellow to my beloved PL25 (they can't mate outside their species :wink:).

If I fail to achieve the bottom dollar then it's the 45/1.8....and probably the 14mm - with either - just so I have something wide in the bag!

Ummm...now I think it only right that the OP cough up a little something....:wink:

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Probably the Olympus 45/1.8...at some point

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I just bought the Canon New F-1 with AE Power Winder FN and three focusing screens for average, partial and spot metering :biggrin: Guess the next purchase for me is the Canon FDn 20/2.8 lens.

5. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    +1

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    -Digital Camera: New/Next generation of Olympus MFT (Not the current series)
    -Lens: Unknown at this time
    -Film Camera: 1/2 Frame or Rangefinder

7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    ideally, 35-100.

8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    wow. they are the Hot Ticket and fun.... :smile:

9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Bright zoom. First mirrorless format to make one wins my business.

(if that sounds a little depressed, Believe it - I'm getting tired of waiting on Panasonic)

• Like Like x 2
  10. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    20mm?
    25mm?
    7.5 Rokinon?

I can't figure it out. :confused: 

11. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have both.. tough choice.. I like them both.. but the PL25/1.4 is the clear winner IMHO.. Rookie opinion though.. getting ready to sell 20/1.7.. I like FOV better on PL25..

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My plan is to get a GX1 in January or February. Still debating and researching what lenses to get with it. I will get a Nikon adaptor so I can use all my Legacy Nikkors.

At work I am working up a proposal for two AF100 video cameras to replace two Canon XL1s that are just about dead. Not sure what all lenses yet except that we will need the 100-300mm to reach across the room where we film.

13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hmmmm... I've kinda got my eye on one of those Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 presets. It would be a cheap but frivolous purchase since I have my Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8.

I wouldn't mind a Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 Nokton. I'd prefer the Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux, but that's way out of my price range, lol.

I would also be interested in getting a Zuiko 150mm f/2, Zuiko 300mm f/2.8, or Zuiko 35-100mm f/2.

I would also be very interested in an OM Zuiko 250mm f/2, if I could find one. I highly doubt I'd be able to find one when I have the funds, though.

For bodies, I wouldn't mind picking up an E-5 to replace my E-3 or an E-P3 to replace my E-PL2. For now though I'm really loving the combination of the E-PL2 and E-PM1.

I could also use some new muslin and studio strobes.

14. I'm debating whether an E-PM1 would be a worthy successor to the E-PL1; until I hold one I won't know. Also still searching for a well-priced Canon 450D to sidegrade from my 500D.

15. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I don't plan to buy a new camera any time in the near future. I will have one of my G2s converted for IR photography, though.

Next lens purchase will probably be the 12-35mm Panny zoom, if it's 2.8 or faster throughout the range.

16. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    In my opinion, the E-PM1 is the perfect successor to the E-PL1. :)  Lose a couple buttons but gain a turn dial, but in a much slimmer, stylish form with much quicker performance.

17. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm in the process of rearranging my kit for a 6-month backpacking trip next year, so some things will go and some new ones will be added...

- m.ZD 45/f1.8
    - second GH2 (likely second hand, unless the new prices continue to drop...)

18. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    Just got the Oly 45, 1.8 in the mail today...... ;-)

19. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I owned that camera and winder once, and the lens. Not the focusing screens though. It was one of the finest 35mm cameras ever made, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.