Ok! What is your next Camera/Lens purchase?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MrDoug, Dec 19, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Cough up:smile:... what new Camera and/or Lens do you think about buying next when you go to bed at night? or anytime for that matter? I know you do think about it.. what would they be?:smile:
  2. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    If sales go well then it's the PL45 for me, a worthy bed fellow to my beloved PL25 (they can't mate outside their species :wink:).

If I fail to achieve the bottom dollar then it's the 45/1.8....and probably the 14mm - with either - just so I have something wide in the bag!

Ummm...now I think it only right that the OP cough up a little something....:wink:
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Probably the Olympus 45/1.8...at some point
  4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    I just bought the Canon New F-1 with AE Power Winder FN and three focusing screens for average, partial and spot metering :biggrin: Guess the next purchase for me is the Canon FDn 20/2.8 lens.
  5. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    -Digital Camera: New/Next generation of Olympus MFT (Not the current series)
    -Lens: Unknown at this time
    -Film Camera: 1/2 Frame or Rangefinder
  7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    ideally, 35-100.
  8. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    wow. they are the Hot Ticket and fun.... :smile:
  9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Bright zoom. First mirrorless format to make one wins my business.

(if that sounds a little depressed, Believe it - I'm getting tired of waiting on Panasonic)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    7.5 Rokinon?

I can't figure it out. :confused:
  11. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have both.. tough choice.. I like them both.. but the PL25/1.4 is the clear winner IMHO.. Rookie opinion though.. getting ready to sell 20/1.7.. I like FOV better on PL25..
  12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My plan is to get a GX1 in January or February. Still debating and researching what lenses to get with it. I will get a Nikon adaptor so I can use all my Legacy Nikkors.

At work I am working up a proposal for two AF100 video cameras to replace two Canon XL1s that are just about dead. Not sure what all lenses yet except that we will need the 100-300mm to reach across the room where we film.
  13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hmmmm... I've kinda got my eye on one of those Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 presets. It would be a cheap but frivolous purchase since I have my Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8.

I wouldn't mind a Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 Nokton. I'd prefer the Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux, but that's way out of my price range, lol.

I would also be interested in getting a Zuiko 150mm f/2, Zuiko 300mm f/2.8, or Zuiko 35-100mm f/2.

I would also be very interested in an OM Zuiko 250mm f/2, if I could find one. I highly doubt I'd be able to find one when I have the funds, though.

For bodies, I wouldn't mind picking up an E-5 to replace my E-3 or an E-P3 to replace my E-PL2. For now though I'm really loving the combination of the E-PL2 and E-PM1.

I could also use some new muslin and studio strobes.
  14. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm debating whether an E-PM1 would be a worthy successor to the E-PL1; until I hold one I won't know. Also still searching for a well-priced Canon 450D to sidegrade from my 500D.
  15. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I don't plan to buy a new camera any time in the near future. I will have one of my G2s converted for IR photography, though.

Next lens purchase will probably be the 12-35mm Panny zoom, if it's 2.8 or faster throughout the range.
  16. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    In my opinion, the E-PM1 is the perfect successor to the E-PL1. :) Lose a couple buttons but gain a turn dial, but in a much slimmer, stylish form with much quicker performance.
  17. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm in the process of rearranging my kit for a 6-month backpacking trip next year, so some things will go and some new ones will be added...

- m.ZD 45/f1.8
    - second GH2 (likely second hand, unless the new prices continue to drop...)
  18. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    Just got the Oly 45, 1.8 in the mail today...... ;-)
  19. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I owned that camera and winder once, and the lens. Not the focusing screens though. It was one of the finest 35mm cameras ever made, I think.
    • Like Like x 1