OK: What I want next from m43

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Mar 25, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I have an OMD on order, but I am still feeling like I don't want it. I love my EPM1 size.

After much thought, I know what I want:

A new, white Pen with the OMD sensor and built in VF, and a rebuilt Panasonic 20mm mk 2. A little wider aperture (1.4 would be good, but I can still live with 1.7), and a step up in AF and better looks to match the new cameras (i.e. not that nasty grey color).

I might just skip the OMD and hold onto my EPM1 until the new Pens...Anyone feel the same?

2. p@ul

p@ul Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2011
    Nope. The OMD has the form factor that i've been looking for.

3. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Absolutely... I like EVF but prefer the modular approach of the PEN... I only really use EVF in bright conditions or with longer lenses (for stability), so for me a new PEN with the latest sensor would be great. If it happens to have a built in EVF fine, but personally I prefer that not to be the hump solution of the OMD...

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If the E-M5 is as small as I think it is, I don't think it's THAT much larger than an E-PM1. The form factor + the long 14-50 kit makes the camera look way larger than it is. The extra controls are worth it, at least for me (I have both the E-P3 and E-PM1).

I very much doubt you'll see a PEN with a built-in VF.

5. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    E-M5 fits my needs as long as the IQ is as good as the reviews seem to indicate.

6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I think the hump is mainly there to hid the 5-way IBIS sensors. That IBIS is less important for me, so I could lose the hump, and be happy with built in EVF.

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Yes. E-PM1 is the right size, _if_ they provide an optional 'horizontal grip' for the occasional larger lens.

At this point, I'm not getting a m4/3 body that I can't stick in a jacket pocket. If it has to always be carried externally, I might as well be using a DSLR.

DH

8. Baimei

Baimei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 15, 2011
    A Panny/Leica 180/2.0 !
    I would settle for 2.8

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.