Ok soooo, I made the mistake of trying out the 45mm

JustShootMe

Mu-43 Regular
Panny/Lieca macro lens today. I went to the photo store to pickup my 14 2.5, but sitting on the counter was the macro lens. I had to try try it ! So i slapped it on the EP1 and took 2 photos , one of the 14 2.5 and one of the salesman.

This is the result.... wide open .. jpeg

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostnjboro/5472687908/" title="Ep1 - Panny 45 2.8 Macro by lostnjboro, on Flickr"> View attachment 158044 "480" height="640" alt="Ep1 - Panny 45 2.8 Macro" /></a>

I have owned several macro lenses for my Nikons, and prefer macro lenses because of their sharpness. I hate to admit it , but I must somehow find a way to buy this lens. When I got home and uploaded the photos I was in shock.. I am impressed with what this little sensor can do.

Anybody else using this lens ? The focus seamed a little slow to me(as expected with a macro lens), but everything els was great.

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Since the reviewers started panning them, it is much easier to find a good deal on a used one, taking away everyones biggest complaint. I got mine for about $600 - a helluva lens at that price.

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
wow...the detail is really impressive. I wonder what the mtf charts say....only kidding! :p

nice shot! :)

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got one from Amazon - paid about $709, so you got a great deal for $600. As to how to afford it, that was an easy one for me. I put most all of my Nikon stuff on eBay - hope it sells. That is a terrific picture of the sailesman. I have only tried "portrait" landscapes so far. But it is a beautiful lens. I am using mine on a GF-1.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's often the lens that's on my GF1 because it is so awesome. I picked mine up used here, though prices are dropping now.

FOsteology

Mu-43 Rookie
Mine arrived from B&H this afternoon.

Granted, I haven't had much time behind the lens.... but my initial impression. I definitely like what I'm seeing.

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
I gave it a couple weeks ago and paid about $700. Only wish I did so sooner. Excellent for portraits among other uses.

GF3 & PL 45mm
P1010297.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

theflyer

Mu-43 Regular
The Pan/Leica 45 2.8 is one of my most used lenses. It feels very comfortable on a GH2 and not at all unwieldy on the GF1. And I find the focus acceptable, especially if the "limit" switch is on.

Here's a shot of my cat from the other day, a little compressed, but sharp.

HorLok.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JustShootMe

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, 700 isn't to bad. I'm definately gonna pick one up since macro is one of my favorite things to shoot. Hopefully one will pop up used ... so if you got one you don't use... you know what to do :biggrin:

43hk

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a lovely lens to use. Had mine for 6 months and it's now paired with a Metz 15 ring flash.

The Leica tag is well deserved, never could understand why it got a bad press.

wanjeyin

Mu-43 Regular
Panasonic-Leica 45mm 2.8 Elmarit - What Gives?

Hi all,

I struggled as well to comprehend why there were so many reviews that poo pooed this lens, in the face of some of the most amazing pictures I've seen from this lens. Believe me I've pretty much went through all of the threads on the 45mm from as many sites as possible.

Here's a thread I started at DPR:

Panasonic-Leica 45mm 2.8 Elmarit - What Gives? [Page 1]: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

My suspicions were confirmed. The majority who own this lens seem to fall in love it.

Eventually I caved and bought it for myself! :smile:

Regards,
Andrew

travisennis

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

I struggled as well to comprehend why there were so many reviews that poo pooed this lens, in the face of some of the most amazing pictures I've seen from this lens. Believe me I've pretty much went through all of the threads on the 45mm from as many sites as possible.

Here's a thread I started at DPR:

Panasonic-Leica 45mm 2.8 Elmarit - What Gives? [Page 1]: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

My suspicions were confirmed. The majority who own this lens seem to fall in love it.

Eventually I caved and bought it for myself! :smile:

Regards,
Andrew

I agree. I've seen some amazing images taken with this lens when used for portrait and walk-around shots. The only thing that has kept me from buying it myself is price.

Latest threads

Top Bottom