Ok so which adapted lens is the easiest to focus perhaps faster as well.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jorge Ledesma, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    I've tried the Konica Hexanon, specifically the 28mm f/3.5 and the 40mm Pancake and I would say they are not all that fast to focus. On the other hand, the Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8 is quite easy. By easy I mean the focus wheel is delightful while the Konica Hex was a bit too small, know what I mean.

Now I'm wondering if the SMC Takumars and some MC Rokkors are easier since their focusing rings are quite larger and seem easier to pin point focus. Am I wrong in thinking like this. I'd love to know from you all.

Example 1
    [​IMG]

Example 2
    [​IMG]

Example 3
    55mm17mclfront.

These all seem easier and I'm debating which to acquire. I'm thinking a 28mm, don't why I'm obsessed with the lens, the 55mm and a 135mm.

Your thoughts please.

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    My 3 favorite lenses are 55 1.8 supertak, 50 4 macro supertak, and rokkor 50 1.4. Focus rings are silky smooth, and honestly makes me so frustrated when I mount the 20. The taks are even better than the rokkor, in my opinion. These two brands, and the Olympus are nicest I've handled in my limited experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jorge Ledesma

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate it.

4. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I don't have enough fantasy to imagine anything focusing smoother and easier than my Summicron R. There are faster (and cheaper) ones but this is the one I will never give up.

Stefan

• Like Like x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Most Minolta lenses focus smoothly. A heavily used lens can loose its smoothness and develop play, but this is rare. I only have a few of these in my collection of 60+ lenses.

BTW, avoid the MC Rokkor 50/1.7 shown in the OP's starting post, it's not as good as the later MD 50mm lenses, the difference is lower contrast and worse corner sharpness for the MC 50/1.7. I have two of these and both are mediocre.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jorge Ledesma

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Thanks, I think I'll add a note for that, I appreciate it.