1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Ok so which adapted lens is the easiest to focus perhaps faster as well.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jorge Ledesma, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    I've tried the Konica Hexanon, specifically the 28mm f/3.5 and the 40mm Pancake and I would say they are not all that fast to focus. On the other hand, the Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8 is quite easy. By easy I mean the focus wheel is delightful while the Konica Hex was a bit too small, know what I mean.

Now I'm wondering if the SMC Takumars and some MC Rokkors are easier since their focusing rings are quite larger and seem easier to pin point focus. Am I wrong in thinking like this. I'd love to know from you all.

Example 1
    [​IMG]

Example 2
    [​IMG]

Example 3
    55mm17mclfront.

These all seem easier and I'm debating which to acquire. I'm thinking a 28mm, don't why I'm obsessed with the lens, the 55mm and a 135mm.

Your thoughts please.

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    My 3 favorite lenses are 55 1.8 supertak, 50 4 macro supertak, and rokkor 50 1.4. Focus rings are silky smooth, and honestly makes me so frustrated when I mount the 20. The taks are even better than the rokkor, in my opinion. These two brands, and the Olympus are nicest I've handled in my limited experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jorge Ledesma

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate it.

4. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't have enough fantasy to imagine anything focusing smoother and easier than my Summicron R. There are faster (and cheaper) ones but this is the one I will never give up.

Stefan

• Like Like x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Most Minolta lenses focus smoothly. A heavily used lens can loose its smoothness and develop play, but this is rare. I only have a few of these in my collection of 60+ lenses.

BTW, avoid the MC Rokkor 50/1.7 shown in the OP's starting post, it's not as good as the later MD 50mm lenses, the difference is lower contrast and worse corner sharpness for the MC 50/1.7. I have two of these and both are mediocre.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jorge Ledesma

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Thanks, I think I'll add a note for that, I appreciate it.