1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OK, So How Many Members Rolled The Dice Today On The OM

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Feb 8, 2012.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I promised myself I would not. I lied. I ordered the grip and the flash too. I'm old. My kid is self sufficient. I have very few expenses. It will make me happy. A bit. Maybe a lot.

A poll would be interesting. I'm wondering how many members took the plunge.

:2thumbs:

[edit: I went the black route. Since I want to slap the grip on at times I figure being black it will look smaller. %^) ]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    How much were you able to sell him for?

• Like Like x 1
  3. nueces snapper

Well it's a she and I have to make regular small payments to insure her husband keeps her. :biggrin:

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm passing for now. I want to see image samples first, in raw. I like the toys that are part of the camera (stabilized EVF, new IS, etc.), but I'm pretty happy with my EPM1, so I'll see how it goes.

5. scarbrd

scarbrd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm in

I ordered the camera (black) and the new kit lens. Not too crazy about the 12-50, especially the 50mm f6.3 part, but I wanted an entire weather sealed kit.

Actually I ordered 2 kits, one from B&H and one from Amazon. I'll cancel the one that doesn't ship first.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    lol... Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Small payments are surely cheaper than having her move back home. ;)

7. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    I pre-ordered a silver body from Amazon this morning. After over two years with a GF1, I think it's time for an upgrade.

8. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Bought it.In silver, from Amazon.I hope they get first shipments along with B/h.I really want the grip too, but $300.

9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Not yet, but how much do an E-PM1 and a NEX 3 sell for combined? I have other stuff to add up the numbers on also... on the other hand, I really do like my little pocketable-ish PM1. Do I want to go to a GH2 sized camera?

10. rajeshr

rajeshr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I ordered the silver camera and the 12-50mm kit after swearing I wasn't going to upgrade and making fun of my friends and their new gadget lust! :blush:

11. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    OM-D has video IBIS. I'm in.

12. nueces snapper

I hear ya. I was patting myself on the back for my strength of character in not yielding to gear lust this morning as I assessed this camera. "Dam fine camera with every upgrade I want but I will wait", said my stalwart self about six hours ago.

Then I came to my senses. :rofl:

13. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    If I sell my E-P3 now, I will be camera-less until April? Wow, that's a long time. But if I don't sell it now, the prices (of E-P3) will definitely drop in the coming months.

:dash2:

14. rajeshr

rajeshr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I have the same concern. But at this time, I don't even have a P&S as backup - I've pre-ordered a Fuji F770 and will need to wait for another 4-6 weeks to get that one.

I guess I'll keep the E-P3 till April and sell it after the E-M5 arrives and take the hit at that time! :frown:

15. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I was kicking myself that I didn't get the E-P3 when its' price dropped before the holiday.

Now I'm a genius.

I'm looking forward to eventually getting the silver one as it looks so much like the old OM-G I have stashed in my closet. I'll probably wait a bit before I order it though just to let the first production run bugs work themselves out first.

The 100,000 shutter actuation rating was a nice thing to see them publish. I wonder if the 5-Axis IS System has been through the same level of reliability testing or are we going to be the guinea pigs who find the faults in the concept?

16. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Promit,
    I think the size is closer to the G3.Still a long way from your pocketable.

17. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I ordered 12-50 kit. The grip is also very tempting but $1.6k is getting a little too much for now. Here is to hoping that 3rd party battery grips pop out in the next several months.

18. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    If I don't sell my E-P3, have to start moonlighting (for those who know this term) soon! Four or five moonlighting gigs (minus tax), I'll be able to afford this beauty. Can't wait.

19. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    I pre-orderd the Silver body only! I also pre-ordered the Fuji X-Pro1, so wonder which camera will be in my hands first :smile:

20. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    I've had my GF1 for over two years. I had been planning to upgrade to the GX1, but decided to wait and see what the E-M5 would be all about. Now it's a tough decision - especially with the $1,000 price point, which brings it very close to the GX1 + LVF2.

If RAW IQ is more or less equal, I'm inclined to go with the GX1 because of its slightly smaller size. But clearly the E-M5 is more camera for the $. The add-on grips, etc., defeat the purpose of my initial decision to go with the m4/3 format, so those aren't of interest to me. As I said, difficult decision.